What kind of car does everyone have? Year,make, and model

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned their UPS discounts.

.....that's because you may be able to get a better deal without using the discount....

That being said, I have used the GM Supplier and the Nissan VSP discounts when I leased my Colorado and Altima(s). The process was much easier as there were no negotiations involved. The Nissan salesperson conceded that even he could not get the same deal that we get.

rod

Retired 22 years
2008 Silverado extended cab 4 X 4 and my wife has a 2015 Ford Escape------and a 2011 Ultra Classic Electra Glide.

moreluck

golden ticket member
.....that's because you may be able to get a better deal without using the discount....

That being said, I have used the GM Supplier and the Nissan VSP discounts when I leased my Colorado and Altima(s). The process was much easier as there were no negotiations involved. The Nissan salesperson conceded that even he could not get the same deal that we get.
Lord knows a car salesman would never tell a lie !! :biggrin:

BonafideView

When I retired from UPS in 2009, I spent $10,000 saved-up cash for a car I did not even know existed until that week. I wanted a 4 wheel drive for road trips. Although it looks boring, I have fallen in love with my 2003 Honda Pilot. (I saw someone else has a Pilot on the forum.) I immediately took the car on the first of many road trips; it has been a ticket to freedom. Not only does it drive great in any weather, it is a perfect vehicle to pull over and sleep in wherever I find myself. Somehow I lucked out and my used car is the opposite of a "lemon". I want it to last forever. So far I've logged over 200,000 miles of great times with my mobile 'motel 6'.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had a 71 and a 72. The 72 was in GREAT shape when I got it but after about 5 years the Minnesota rust got to it. If you are looking for one in the shape those 2 are you are talking BIG bucks.
Yeah I know. Definitely be something I probably get after retirement and the house is paid off for sure lol.

raceanoncr

'01 S-10 is my primary...'11 Camaro SS is wife's

camaros10 002.JPG

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My 2002 chevy Silverado 4WD 2500HD 4 door full size bed with 194,000 miles has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. it has the 6.0 gas engine in it. I came real close to buying the diesel version with the Allison tranny, but it was $6000 more $, and diesel was a quite a bit more per gallon. Wife has a 2014 Traverse with about 1000 miles on it now. We used her company discount on it.

Overpaid Union Thug

The discount combined with 0% financing is a steal. That is the only way I will finance a vehicle. I would never lease though.