What kind of car does everyone have? Year,make, and model

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
2007 Toyota Tacoma Dbl cab prerunner 76k miles. Was seriously considering getting this deal on the Nissain Leaf, works out to pay for itself with VPP pricing from UPS and I can leave the truck in the garage.

raceanoncr

Nice S-10 race. I still can't believe they stopped making that truck. Mine's been great. I'd buy a new
one tomorrow if they still made them.

Tanks. Leased it when new. Why? Was single and it worked for me. Leased before, also. All leases worked for me at the time.

Yeah, wished they still made em too. Lease was up, came out with new Colorado. Didn't like that. Besides, INLINE 5? That's just wrong. So, just bought it. Don't need 4-wheel Dr. here, at least, not me. Sand in the back, posi, good tires, I'm passing everyone. Just now turned 80 thou, so could last forever.

ChrisTheBrown

2009 Scion tC...& have replaced about everything in it. Including clutch, transmission & battery. Previous owner must've beat on it pretty good. Bought it when it was a year old, with 22k. Now has 95k.

Sent using BrownCafe App

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
2007 Toyota Tacoma Dbl cab prerunner 76k miles. Was seriously considering getting this deal on the Nissain Leaf, works out to pay for itself with VPP pricing from UPS and I can leave the truck in the garage.
/quote]

You have a locker?

I drive a 2011 regular cab, base model 4wd because of the snow we get. It won't haul as much as my old Nissan, but I do love it.

ManInBrown

I lease because I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicle and I like driving a newer car.

I also lease because I like a new car every few years. I don't put a ton of miles on mine either. It's actually a bad move to lease when you don't put a lot of miles on a car. The lease price is actually based on you using the 12k a year. Thinking about financing my next vehicle for that very reason.

You're doing the dealer a huge solid giving him back a car with with 22,000 miles (just an example) after 3 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Choosing how many miles is one of the toughest part of a lease. Choose too many and you are losing money at lease end. Choose too few and you may end up writing a check at lease end.

My last lease I still had 15K miles left when I turned it in.

ManInBrown

Choosing how many miles is one of the toughest part of a lease. Choose too many and you are losing money at lease end. Choose too few and you may end up writing a check at lease end.

My last lease I still had 15K miles left when I turned it in.

Crazy story. About 3 car leases ago I handed the vehicle back in with about 8-10K shy of the allotted miles I was allowed to use. A few months go by and I receive a check from the bank my lease was thru, in the mail for about 3 grand. I was puzzled. The letter along with the check stated, that the vehicle was sold at auction after I handed it in and the check was my cut of the proceeds. I don't remember the exact wording but the letter also had a blurb about so few miles being on the car as well. I was totally confused. It was a lease. I didn't own the car. I was thinking it has to be a mistake.

I held onto the check for a few months thinking it had to be an error and the bank would come looking for it. Long story short they never did. I even checked around with a few car dealers just on the job while working. All of them said they'd never heard of such a thing. Only thing they could think of was that I had a lease where a security deposit payment was built in monthly and they were returning it at the end. To this day I'm still puzzled by that check.

JL 0513

Leases should have mileage credit built into the agreement. If you lease for 12K a year and only average 7K a year, there's no reason you shouldn't get some cash back at the end.

JL 0513

20140304_074647.jpg
^^Last pic I took several months ago...

Here's a guy with an '07 Yaris (courier) who hit 500K last year. He has since quiet the job and is somewhere around 550,000 now. Still runs perfect.

Yaris 500k.jpg