What shifts are best for package handlers?

bailey2227

What is the best shift to work as a package handler? Which is going to give you the most experience, and make you the most rounded individual at UPS? Before anyone replies with saying working ALL of them is going to make you the best. I am talking which ONE individual shift would be the shift you would want to try and get on. I've been told by a few people that the preloader is the position to have. I would like to get your points of view.

DS

Fenderbender
Preload is a good place to start.The fact that you get more hours is important if you like to see some money for your efforts.Where I am the most rounded:wink: individuals at ups are feeder drivers,and everyone in management.

disneyworld

Day, Twi or Mid are all pretty much the same-you either load, unload trailers or are a sorter. Preload you load the package cars mostly. It all depends on what fits your personal schedule.

bailey2227

Thanks guys! I think I am going to start off as a preloader. I will keep you updated on what happens in the coming weeks.

rushfan

Here it's the gateway sort. You do maybe 1.5 hours of work and have to sit around for the other 1.5 and play foot bag, cards, and read books while waiting for the first driver to show up.