What should I do ?

DoctorMario

Ok so im a part time worker and I come in every day 15 minutes early to setup the trailers. Well the pt supervisor has been forgetting to add my 15 minutes to my time and it's starting to get on my nerves. Sometimes he'll add it or sometimes he may forget 3 days in a row. What should I do ? And also If the answer is to file a grievance, what happens to the pt supervisor? Does he get in trouble? Thanks in advance.

O

OLDMAN3

Ok so im a part time worker and I come in every day 15 minutes early to setup the trailers. Well the pt supervisor has been forgetting to add my 15 minutes to my time and it's starting to get on my nerves. Sometimes he'll add it or sometimes he may forget 3 days in a row. What should I do ? And also If the answer is to file a grievance, what happens to the pt supervisor? Does he get in trouble? Thanks in advance.
The sup will probably get promoted.
File, but make sure you document with a witness each time that you start.
The sup will deny it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you being told to come in 15 minutes early every day? If so, why hasn't your start time been permanently adjusted?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Aren't you punched in? Your time card should have you starting 15 mins early. I would hope you arent trusting another that you will be compensated. Don't set up if he doesn't straiten out you card. 15 mins won't kill them

DoctorMario

Ok so how it works is the person with the most seniority on the belt gets to come in early and setup for an extra 15 mins a day (which is me). My time card has not be adjusted. We got a new pt supervisor so that's why my has been getting screwed. The old pt sup we had always had my time right. So can the Ft supervisor can my time card to where it will automatically start me 15 minutes before start time, so the pt supervisor doesn't have to manually put it in ?

Also, I want to stress the importance of writing your start/end times down, and even recording them personally, so that you can ensure that your math adds up to theirs.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Ok so how it works is the person with the most seniority on the belt gets to come in early and setup for an extra 15 mins a day (which is me). My time card has not be adjusted. We got a new pt supervisor so that's why my has been getting screwed. The old pt sup we had always had my time right. So can the Ft supervisor can my time card to where it will automatically start me 15 minutes before start time, so the pt supervisor doesn't have to manually put it in ?

This shouldn't matter. Don't you punch in on a electronic time clock?? You enter your punch in time. I don't get why your sup is punching in your start time. When I punch in early. I put in my new start time in my board. For DOK , safety meetings and so forth

DoctorMario

Ok so lets say start time for the building is 5:15pm. I get there at 5:00pm to setup the trailers. Even though I clock in electronically at 5:00, it doesn't start my time at 5:00pm but rather 5:15 pm (since it's the start time for the building). The pt supervisor has to manually change my start time eveyday. There have been times where I write my time down correctly on the pt supervisor's time sheet and my time is stilll wrong. That's why I ask can I tell my FT supervisor to have my timecard changed to where when I swipe it, it will automatically start me 15 minutes prior to start time ? Thanks for the feedback.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We got a new pt supervisor so that's why my has been getting screwed.
Sounds like the new sup doesn't get how it works.
So can the Ft supervisor can my time card to where it will automatically start me 15 minutes before start time, so the pt supervisor doesn't have to manually put it in ?
The PT Sup should be able to go in and change it, but probably doesn't know how to. Talk to the FT and it should clear it up.
Don't you punch in on a electronic time clock?? You enter your punch in time.
PTers can't change their start time. Whatever is put in for them is static. The supervisor has to go in and manually change it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like the new sup doesn't get how it works.

The PT Sup should be able to go in and change it, but probably doesn't know how to. Talk to the FT and it should clear it up.

PTers can't change their start time. Whatever is put in for them is static. The supervisor has to go in and manually change it.

PTers can't change their own start times.

Is there an echo in here?

hyena

If your coming in early those 15 minutes should be overtime

rod

Retired 22 years
Your PT sup isn't forgetting----he's sticking it to you on purpose. He gets more feathers in his war bonnet the more he gets away with. How much time do you figure he has screwed you out of? File- file- file. Sometimes its the only thing they understand. P.S. You shouldn't give a rats butt how much trouble he gets into---he don't care about you so why care about him.

File a grievance and call the integrity hotline. That supervisor is dishonest. He isn't a good upser stealing your money. Just think how many others he's stealing from.