what to do if no one will help you

Joeskyline06

I am having major payroll issues that have been going on since November..No one in my local will help me and all the shop stewards keep telling me to talk to my payroll lady. I have talked to everyone in my local with really no help. I was told a grievance would be filed but have heard nothing back yet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Payroll errors must be corrected by the next pay period or penalty pay will be assessed. You need to file the grievance(s) yourself---do not rely on anyone else to do it for you. You will need copies of your paystubs with the errors highlighted---it may help to type up a separate form listing each pay advice date and the error(s) on that date. Submit those along with the grievance to your shop steward, who will sign the grievance and present it to your mgt team. Good luck.

UPSGUY72

I am having major payroll issues that have been going on since November..No one in my local will help me and all the shop stewards keep telling me to talk to my payroll lady. I have talked to everyone in my local with really no help. I was told a grievance would be filed but have heard nothing back yet.

First question are you a TEMP or a permanent UPS employee??? You say your a TEMP...... Temp get paid different rates than permanent employees.

Joeskyline06

First question are you a TEMP or a permanent UPS employee??? You say your a TEMP...... Temp get paid different rates than permanent employees.

I am a permanent ups employee, before i started temp driving i was a part time unloader. I was also told they couldnt use temps anymore after Jan 11th(per a deal struck with whoever) but they are still using me on my own route. I am also being told I will only receive helper pay after jan 11th even though i do my own route by myself

union4life

I am a permanent ups employee, before i started temp driving i was a part time unloader. I was also told they couldnt use temps anymore after Jan 11th(per a deal struck with whoever) but they are still using me on my own route. I am also being told I will only receive helper pay after jan 11th even though i do my own route by myself
Wow! I gotta ask, what state are you in?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
This doesn't sound right....something isn't adding up. Management can't just make calls like this willy-nilly....there's got to be more to it...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It's immensely shady.. a cover driver in January only receiving helper pay? Joeskyline needs to be calling out his local's officers at the next union meeting and documenting everything so he'll get every nickel that's owed to him.

Joeskyline06

It's immensely shady.. a cover driver in January only receiving helper pay? Joeskyline needs to be calling out his local's officers at the next union meeting and documenting everything so he'll get every nickel that's owed to him.

I have been doing as you said. They r using me again today as a temp doing my own route but having the truck brought to me..what article should I file under for this. Planning on talking to what I was told was a good shop steward today about this bit could use some advice

jnrmck33

I too have payroll issue I have been trying to get resolved, I am now going through labor standards in my home state to get back pay they refuse to pay me. You need documentation for this, but at least it can't be used as a bargaining chip between the company and the union. That and I am pretty sure the Company doesn't want the state looking around for other issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I too have payroll issue I have been trying to get resolved, I am now going through labor standards in my home state to get back pay they refuse to pay me. You need documentation for this, but at least it can't be used as a bargaining chip between the company and the union. That and I am pretty sure the Company doesn't want the state looking around for other issues.

Did you wait for someone to hold your hand and guide you through the process or did you take the initiative by working to resolve the issue yourself?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Did you wait for someone to hold your hand and guide you through the process or did you take the initiative by working to resolve the issue yourself?

Move along nothing to see here.