What type of Gloves does everyone use

bugman74

I have been searching for a decent pair of gloves, but I have not much luck. I am throwing this out there to see who has found a good pair of gloves that last more than three weeks.

Delivered

A lot of our guys use contractors gloves you can get them at Home Depot or somewhere like that. The index finger and thumb are open so that you can still easily use the diad. Mine have lasted 2 years. I think on UPSERS we get a discount to something called the bionic glove

cental34

If you're a package handler, I'd stronly reccomend gloves with a latex grip. They usually last me about a month or so and costs $4 at any Dollar General. They really make a difference.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Stay away from those Mechanix gloves. Everyone has them at our building but no ones' lasted more than a month. For twenty buck, those gloves shouldve delivered pkgs for me.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
Almost everyone in my building uses the knit, ambidextrous gloves with the PVC dots for grip. We have the national importer for cheap gloves made in China in our area, so we get them a dozen at a time for $5. I can usually get about 6 mos. out of a pair.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Almost everyone in my building uses the knit, ambidextrous gloves with the PVC dots for grip. We have the national importer for cheap gloves made in China in our area, so we get them a dozen at a time for $5. I can usually get about 6 mos. out of a pair.

i heard that thing traps sweat and becomes smelly after awhile, is this true?

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
i heard that thing traps sweat and becomes smelly after awhile, is this true?

Not these ones, they have a really open weave that lets them breath pretty well. The grip gloves that have the blue rubberized palms are the ones that collect sweat and get smelly. I used them when I worked at a tire store. Great for grip, but too hot to wear in the summer months.

[image]http://www.uline.com/Images/transparent.gif[/image]

transparent.gif

Last edited:

upsdude

Stay away from those Mechanix gloves. Everyone has them at our building but no ones' lasted more than a month. For twenty buck, those gloves shouldve delivered pkgs for me.

I bought another pair just after Thanksgiving and they're just now getting ragged. This time I went with some that were a little big and I wash them once a week. Be sure to let them air dry. I pay 9 bucks a pair for mine with a discount from a local auto parts store.

I wrote to Mechanix Wear a couple years ago and they sent me a free pair. They also claim weekly washing makes them last longer, might be something to that. The main reason I wrote was to BEG them to create a glove for UPS drivers. I told them we loved them for being DIAD friendly. Also told them I wasn't fishing for free gloves, just want some that will last.

jlphotog

Those IronClad Box Handlers have a great grip and are very "DIAD Friendly" HOWEVER, they only lasted me about four weeks. For the price, that is horrendous.

Plus, I sent two emails to IronClad and neither one of them were answered. Apparently the company is not very customer friendly either. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone at UPS.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I found some at the local Menards. Cheapo brown gloves for about $1.49. Last about 2 weeks. I used to buy the same type at the mini-mart for $2.49 but they only last about 3 days. Gloves without fingertips don't work too well when it's below zero degrees. Anything thick enough to last isn't Diad friendly. Used to not wear gloves no matter how cold but the hands cracked too bad. Had to wimp out and put on gloves. When I start wearing a hat and coat I'll know it's time to move on.

sendagain

I was the driver for Ironclad when they first started up. They gave me a few pair to pass around at the hub, hoping to get buyers. They always wanted me to wear them but I never used gloves.

SmithBarney

I should mention the ironclads I had I used through peak, and up until a week ago.(when they went in the trash)
Left one tore at the seams on the fingers, right one wore through the finger tips.

The flex gloves are great, because they hold moisture, keeps your hands
soft and uncallused.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I agree with the box handler gloves from iron clad, i get mine from palmflex.com for about 21 dollars free shipping.
They do last about a month and you do have to wash them at least once a week because they start to smell but they do keep the hands warm in cold weather. Excellent grip and i do color in the yellow letters on them,not to fond of free advertising.

bugman74

Thanks for all of the positive replies. I will check out Ironclad. I bought a pair of Firm Grip from Home Depot and they are pretty Diad Friendly, but the seams are going on the middle finger. My trip is in a mall so I am opening freight elevators and pushing a flatbed around all day, no real road travel for me.

mittam

Sears has yellowish gloves made for chain saws they have lasted me 3 years they don't smell and you can use the diad with them around $ 8-10 a pair

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have the Ironclads as well but I love them. I've been using them for about 3 years. go through a pair about every 2 months. I'm sure if I was in a more industrial area, tehy may not last me as long, but I handle less than 200 packages a day so I may get more life out of them.