what type of tips are you getting this peak?

LTFedExer

It's still a bit too early to be receiving tips.

How many drivers tip their preloaders and helpers? My preloader will get $100 and my helper will get $50 plus lunch on the 24th.
We don't have preloaders or helpers.

I'm new to my route. Really don't expect any. Actually, I never did expect them, but they were nice when I did get them.

probellringer

i have been on the route 5 yrs..goes up every yr,,,last year was $1200...about 40-50 customers participate ..i write it all down. amounts anywhere from $10-100 also got chocolates,baked goods,bottles of wines and liquors,fruits-im sure alot of re-gifting was done. people love SERVICE. give it to them. give out our calendar- they love that crap

probellringer

Holy Crap!
You're the KING of service. BZ to you my friend.

mr.7...im at brown...thats how we roll....and my helper gets lunch everyday-i started as a helper..we have been sheeting missed all week..our district had over 75 trailers unloaded on friday...

HomeDelivery

yea, thanks for chiming in from the other side... nice that some of you give back/ re-gift them.

But as a driver for a temp agency, i'll take whatever they give me. Or i'll just say to call 1.800.Go.FedEx & let them know about the positive service you got from this Asian Guy :P

I've been out there for the full 14 hours; looks like i'll be doing it like that for the rest of this month

SmithBarney

... i wanted to see what the browners get... they probably trump us in this dept as well (o wait, they're all too busy to reply... it is peak after all)

Many moons ago, I made out like a bandit as a helper(and then as a driver) for xmas... a common line was "you guys work so hard all year, and this time of year must be insane" lots of food, lots of money.

Now at Freds house, not a whole lot of anything... although there was a time in the summer where I was delivering some lobsters
and they weren't sig req, but there was a note on the door, "fedex" I wasn't even going to look at it since it was just a release.
Glad I did, there was a $20 in the folded note saying "thanks for leaving the package at the door" Best part of the whole thing, I was just helping another route and took some work off him... HEHE...

CJinx

I'm just a warehouse clerk, my tips are just hearty "thank yous" for solving problems for customers. :)

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
there was a $20 in the folded note saying "thanks for leaving the package at the door" Best part of the whole thing, I was just helping another route and took some work off him... HEHE...

I sure hope you gave that to the regular driver.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Tips? Few and far between on my route. I used to get cookies and stuff from some psychotic lady customer who'd be overly nice one day and a total bitch the next. Never ate 'em. I always threw them in the trash.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Tips? Few and far between on my route. I used to get cookies and stuff from some psychotic lady customer who'd be overly nice one day and a total bitch the next. Never ate 'em. I always threw them in the trash.

Oh yeah,
I had one of those. You could totally tell when she was on her pain meds. and when she wasn't.
Last year I get a text mess. from disp. telling me to go to her place of work, which happen to be the city hall of the city I del. to.
I text back, why?
They tell me she wants to make sure I pick up something (not an official FDX pup)
I get there and she hands me a batch of cookies, supposedly, her sister's award winning recipe.
I ask, how did you get my dispatcher to send me over here?
She says I called the 1-800 number.
I confirm with disp. that the call center actually put the message through to my disp. just for me to pick up some cookies.

AMAZING that the call center would bother to do this during peak. BTW, the cookies were awful.

vantexan

Oh yeah,
I had one of those. You could totally tell when she was on her pain meds. and when she wasn't.
Last year I get a text mess. from disp. telling me to go to her place of work, which happen to be the city hall of the city I del. to.
I text back, why?
They tell me she wants to make sure I pick up something (not an official FDX pup)
I get there and she hands me a batch of cookies, supposedly, her sister's award winning recipe.
I ask, how did you get my dispatcher to send me over here?
She says I called the 1-800 number.
I confirm with disp. that the call center actually put the message through to my disp. just for me to pick up some cookies.

AMAZING that the call center would bother to do this during peak. BTW, the cookies were awful.

I was transferring from my first courier location, and lady there wrote a nice letter to FedEx thanking me for the good service. When I didn't say anything she asked me what I thought of the letter? What letter? She calls FedEx very P.O.ed. Next morning during sort I get called into office where red faced mgr reads from a crumpled up letter to me. I'm grinning my head off. He was mad because I was transferring so tossed it in trash.

overflowed

I was transferring from my first courier location, and lady there wrote a nice letter to FedEx thanking me for the good service. When I didn't say anything she asked me what I thought of the letter? What letter? She calls FedEx very P.O.ed. Next morning during sort I get called into office where red faced mgr reads from a crumpled up letter to me. I'm grinning my head off. He was mad because I was transferring so tossed it in trash.
Van these are the small kinds of decisions running this company into the ground. No call for that type of foolishness. What's square is square. It's not that hard to do the right thing. Just my thoughts. Everyone be safe out there.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Van these are the small kinds of decisions running this company into the ground. No call for that type of foolishness. What's square is square. It's not that hard to do the right thing. Just my thoughts. Everyone be safe out there.

Doing the right thing is very hard for FedEx...it didn't used to be. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, we nearly always did the right thing. It paid enormous dividends, and a reputation for excellence the current version of the company most certainly does not deserve. That doesn't stop them from trying to pretend nothing has changed.

Doing the right thing doesn't show-up on a bean counter's spreadsheet, because it isn't a calculation or a formula. It's been engineered out of the company because it cannot be measured or enforced by the hall monitors who now run the show. Unfortunately, doing the wrong thing severely impacts the bottom line, and that can be measured and quantified.

It's too late...they will never figure it out.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Well,
It happened yesterday, I got the "re-gift".
Go to a bus. stop and they hand me a present.
Get it home and find the original note inside from the original shipper of that gift to that bus. that gave it to me.
At least they wrapped it nice and added a card that they had all signed.

Doc Sorting Dude

In my area the people I thought of as "cash poor" always give a gift or cash. As for the more affluent part of town, the most I got out of them was a comment "thanks for not damaging my box".

Bad Gas!

I get a few cash gifts and candies..The blow away gift was a card with 4 100 dollar bills in it...Feeder and the mail 24 foot van got the same card...Customer is moving after this peak to a bigger wharehouse..He will be missed..