What was your experience the first day you went out with a manual?

UPSELF

Took road test with the most feared center manager in our building. After a few minutes on the road, I had trouble getting into second gear. Traffic backing up behind me and he kept yelling at me to "go already". He got soooo mad and yelled at me to pull over and he would drive back to building. When he started going, he was having trouble as well. Turns out the truck lost second gear, and he had to drive from first to third back to the building. After apologizing, we took another truck the next day and I passed. It was a relief to know it wasn't my fault.

atlastitan

i went for my road test. couldn't shift to 2nd to save my life. kept going into forth. if i shifted thrice into 2nd from first it is saying a lot. needless to say i need practice in a package car for my next road test :/

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Took road test with the most feared center manager in our building. After a few minutes on the road, I had trouble getting into second gear. Traffic backing up behind me and he kept yelling at me to "go already". He got soooo mad and yelled at me to pull over and he would drive back to building. When he started going, he was having trouble as well. Turns out the truck lost second gear, and he had to drive from first to third back to the building. After apologizing, we took another truck the next day and I passed. It was a relief to know it wasn't my fault.
My road test was in a hog. That :censored2:er was massive. I went from 1st to 4th one time in an intersection and the hr lady was screaming at me oh my god go we are gonna die.

She wasn't exactly cool under pressure.

Ms.PacMan

I got a job delivering auto parts in HS and didn't fess up that I couldn't drive a stick until after I was hired. They tossed me the keys and I spent half the day in tears but I learned.

I drove a manual school bus before driving a UPS truck which is pretty difficult so the package car seemed easy in comparison.