What would you do???

Jus
Depends on the area and supplement.
Most of us are covered under what is called a no fault attendance policy, while several enjoy a limited number of paid sick days.
With a no fault policy, it doesn't matter why you miss, it's an occurence, hence Cement saying "irrelevant".
If you have sick days, you better be sick or will be subject to being accused of dishonesty if you aren't...and they can prove it.
Just tell them you have some aches and pains. Can't disprove that!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My position is, that if you are out of option days and you call in sick (although you are not), don't come on here crying about a warning letter.
Here one has othing to do with the other.
Option days require 8 days notice.
It all comes down to occurences, either you have too many, or you dont.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
OK, dismiss the factor of the option days completely....

Shouldn't be calling in sick , unless you are.
Calling in "sick" is an expression.
You don't need to be sick to call off.

Do yourself a favor people and don't give management a reason when you call in, unless you have compensated sick days.

wayfair

swollen member
My contract says "option 3 days"

No such thing as a "sick day"

and to remedy the warning letter, get a Dr.s note next time, you cannot be disciplined with a Dr.s note

Cementups

Box Monkey
Intestinal issues?
I never tell them anything besides, "I'm taking myself out of service".

Calling in "sick" is an expression.
You don't need to be sick to call off.

Do yourself a favor people and don't give management a reason when you call in, unless you have compensated sick days.

I had to call off one day and then one of our on-cars had to get on the phone and the inquisition began.
"why do you need off?"
because I do.
"why"
Because
"Because why?"
Because UPS and the Union agreed that I could have 5 days to use at my disposal and today is going to be one of those days.
*click* ----the bugger hung up on me. ha ha. But I think he got the message.

wayfair

swollen member
I had to call off one day and then one of our on-cars had to get on the phone and the inquisition began.
"why do you need off?"
because I do.
"why"
Because
"Because why?"
Because UPS and the Union agreed that I could have 5 days to use at my disposal and today is going to be one of those days.
*click* ----the bugger hung up on me. ha ha. But I think he got the message.

it's called an option 3 day...

Cementups

Box Monkey
it's called an option 3 day...

I don't know what that means. Here we have Personal Days (Option days) that have to be submitted 8 days in advance, and sick days (noted on my check as "other") and can be taken as needed. Like, if my kids are sick, I NEED the day off.