What's Everyone reading??

71UPS

I saw a few interviews recently on Tim Russert and again on Chris Mattews with author Christopher Hitchens. He debates (and defends) his book "god is NOT GREAT How religion poisons everything." The interviews we're really insightful so I decided to read his book. It's the first time that I've read a book that constantly requires a dictionary nearby. It's hard to believe that this guy speaks our language. After all he is an Englishman. Go figure.

traveler

Where next? Venice
I saw a few interviews recently on Tim Russert and again on Chris Mattews with author Christopher Hitchens. He debates (and defends) his book "god is NOT GREAT How religion poisons everything." The interviews we're really insightful so I decided to read his book. It's the first time that I've read a book that constantly requires a dictionary nearby. It's hard to believe that this guy speaks our language. After all he is an Englishman. Go figure.

I believe it was Churchill who said of Great Britain and America... two countries separated by a common language.

71UPS

Traveler, After visiting all those countries, I wonder if you still remember the basement Accounting office in beautiful downtown East Aurora?

traveler

Where next? Venice
Traveler, After visiting all those countries, I wonder if you still remember the basement Accounting office in beautiful downtown East Aurora?

I figured you were from the Buffalo area with that avatar. That East Aurora office wasn't exactly a basement but close. Those were some of the best years I had! Great place to live and work. I was even able to take two of my children to nursery school around the corner from the office two different years. Of course, my wife had to pick them up in the afternoon. Mike was the best guy I ever worked for and Bob was one of the best District Managers I ever came in contact with. Also enjoyed working with Cal Darden as a Division Manager.

If you want to, send me an e-mail since I noticed you don't have your name on your profile. I wouldn't either if I still worked for the company.

over9five

Staff member
"what is your choice for cc"

30, I like to carry big, if possible. I've been carrying a Ruger P345 .45, but it can profile under a large t-shirt.

If I'm not wearing much clothes..........<waiting while you all get the visual>.... an AMT .380 works nicely!

Have you ever tried the Keltec P3AT? Lotsa people seem to like those!

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
I'm reading book called Die vergessene Generation; the forgotten generation. It's about WWII German children and the effects of the war on their lives as adults. I'm not sure if there's a translation for it, but it's interesting to read personal accounts on the matter.

athena

I agree, Dan Brown is great. Also, if you like fictional suspense type of books like Da Vinci Code, I suggest Vince Flynn and Robin Cook. Not so much historical fiction but still good.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I recently read Everyman by Phillip Roth.

The story follows the main character through the different stages of his life. As he ages it describes the deterioration of his health and the illness and death of his peers. While not exactly an inspirational story it does provide an interesting narrative of one man's life. The book is well written and kept my interest. It's also a quick read, 182 pages in a generously sized font. I picked it up in an airport bookstore and finished the whole book in just a couple of hours.

magoo57

If anyone wants a good read about Hurricane Katrina, I would suggest The Tin Roof Blowdown by Jim Burke. The hero in his novels lives in Cajun country and it is hard to believe that the world he paints is part of the USA.
If a reader cannot decide between sci-fi and fantasy- and wants a FUN book to read , the book you want is Ths Warlock In Spite Of Himself. Sci-fi readers will actually be jealous of someone reading that book for the first time.
And a fun book about the dirty parts of the Bible is God Knows by Joseph Heller. yeas, he wrote Catch22, but this book is nothing like his most famous novel.
Has anyone ever"seen" the Braille edition of Playboy?