Whats FedEx up to?

starglacier

Something is up my friend at ground is furious. He was told all the contractors must be a Corporation now no more LLC,LLP and no more sole
proprietor!!!!!!

FedExer267

Had to revisit this thread to ask a question. Everyday for the last couple weeks FedEx has been doing driving test for new drivers. The funny thing is no one that I have talked with is planning on leaving. Isnt it to early to hire Christmas help or is there something else in the works? Any ideas

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Had to revisit this thread to ask a question. Everyday for the last couple weeks FedEx has been doing driving test for new drivers. The funny thing is no one that I have talked with is planning on leaving. Isnt it to early to hire Christmas help or is there something else in the works? Any ideas

Yep. Express work being shifted over to Ground. We've been discussing it for a long time and it looks like Fred might be getting ready to throw the switch.

FedExer267

So does this mean they are adding routes or are they hiring these guys as employees.
The only reason I ask is because I have not heard of any routes up for sale. No talk of expantion either I was wondering if they were looking to get rid of people. Then have contractors pull from their pool of drivers just curious.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So does this mean they are adding routes or are they hiring these guys as employees.

I don't really know. The shift of E2 and SOS to Ground has been discussed for a couple of years now, but until the RLA deal gets settled I don't think anyone will know for sure what's up Fred's sleeve. If he loses, one would almost expect him to try it, even if it's a bluff. Smith is so anti-union that he would probably do anything to try and prevent any kind of massive wage increase at Express.