What's that 1-800 number?

helenofcalifornia

What is that 1-800 number for UPS employees to call in with issues regarding management, etc? We used to have it posted and it is gone now. And what happens once you call in? Who is you are calling? And why should they do something if local UPS won't?

S

speeddemon

1 800 your screwed..........Ill look it up today and get it to you tonight.

Megansman

The number is 12-800-220-4126

You'll talk to a person who will get some basic info, and take your complaint and then generate a corporate concern. You will get a report number and call back in a couple of weeks for a status report. I called yesterday. I'll let you know how it went.

helenofcalifornia

I appreciate your help, y'all. A friend at work came in from his route last night wanting the division and district managers addresses to write a letter. I suggested the 1-800 number as a more viable alternative. I am not sure if this will get him better results, but since our center manager was just playing golf w/the district manager a couple of weeks ago, I thought this a better opportunity for results.

B

beenthere

Just a word of advice... don't use the ratfink line to take care of a personal grudge or trying to stick it to anyone who tells you what to do. Aside from being chicken****, trying to set up your supervisor/manager will ALWAYS come back on you. Make sure you have a legitimate grievance that can't/won't be addressed through normal channels. Too many fat old men in UPS prefer to gripe about the raw deal they got instead of being grateful for making so much money without a college education. Get over it and do your job. Not everyone is out to get you. If you think UPS is screwing you, quit. Screwing someone else will only make you feel better temporarily. Karma is a bitch.

helenofcalifornia

I have been looking all over for that poster too and it is MIA. It used to be in three places. I think I will ask management after all about getting a couple of new ones. Heh, heh, heh. He already doesn't like me anyway.

B

beenthere

I have been looking all over for that poster too and it is MIA. It used to be in three places. I think I will ask management after all about getting a couple of new ones. Heh, heh, heh. He already doesn't like me anyway.

You make my point. Get over yourself. If you spent half as much energy doing your job, you would have been promoted already instead of acting like a two year old trying to get under management's skin. You've probably been fired a couple of times already. Am I right? If you really want to change things, step up and go into management. If you can't handle the additional pressure, get happy where you are. Guys like you with your veiled threats do nothing to improve our work environment. You only add to the hostility. Grow up.

Cezanne

beenthere,

I believe that the poster is a woman not a guy. Helenofcalifornia would be a good indicator. Also I think she lives in California, of course it could be a part of the deception to keep her idenity secret. Really a man living in upper New York state, you got that right, maybe:cool:

helenofcalifornia

Been there: Me get over myself??? There is a lot of hostility in your post. You can't even identify yourself. You presume to know me and you don't know jack. Never been fired, never been too much of a problem, just been around for 25 years and know how things go at UPS. And management, yeah, right. It's the one thing I like best about driving is you only see and "hear" from management for maybe 15 minutes in the morning. If I need help, it comes from my fellow drivers. Hmmph.

rebel

The number is also on upsers.com. A few weeks ago at our parking lot meeting someone had printed out the number and some of the info off of upsers.com. There were about 50 copies made and passed around. The look on the sups faces was priceless. Its the little things that can change their attidudes. It also would make it harder for them to pin point where the call may have come from.

UPS Lifer

Helen,
Get with your HR rep and ask that person why you can't find any posters. It is the HR dept responsibility to make sure the posters are up. They audit the bulletin boards for compliance.

Unless this is an issue that involves a cardinal sin...you should try to arrange a meeting with the Division Manager first. You know that the DM will be involved anyway even if it goes to corporate.

W

westsideworma

You make my point. Get over yourself. If you spent half as much energy doing your job, you would have been promoted already instead of acting like a two year old trying to get under management's skin. You've probably been fired a couple of times already. Am I right? If you really want to change things, step up and go into management. If you can't handle the additional pressure, get happy where you are. Guys like you with your veiled threats do nothing to improve our work environment. You only add to the hostility. Grow up.

wow all that criticism and you can't even register like the grown ups around here? Veiled threats usually come from management, not the other way around. IF she (or the person she may want the number for) has a legitimate complaint (yes there are reasons, if there weren't why would we have that number?) she has every right to ask for it and to call it. What does being promoted have to do with ANYTHING pertaining to the question she asked? Some people don't view it as a promotion. Some are just happy doing what they do, you apparently aren't from the sounds of it. You need to grow up sir.

helenofcalifornia

Ok, I posted this last year. Question was resolved. Thanks for all the help. The posters I requested to be replaced are still not there. No surprise. (Surprise should be spelled "suprise.")