What's the clerk do?

oldngray

nowhere special
A driver might correct and deliver if it still goes someplace on his route. Not if it goes on another route even if he knows the correct address.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Problem is a lot of drivers don't know they can.
I don't know how to, never was trained how, and honestly even though I could probably figure it out I wouldn't do it because no one ever instructed me to do it.

There seems to be quite a few options in the board that we're not allowed to use and I've never gotten a list of what's what. I used refused damaged when I first started and all hell broke loose. It was refused, because it was damaged. Seemed pretty straight forward.... Why the friend is it even an option if we can't use it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ADC in DIAD

Scan package, change address to correct one, hit pkg type soft key, hit address correction, type in address on label, enter, yes, consignee name.

Any other questions?

T

Turdferguson

I don't know how to, never was trained how, and honestly even though I could probably figure it out I wouldn't do it because no one ever instructed me to do it.

There seems to be quite a few options in the board that we're not allowed to use and I've never gotten a list of what's what. I used refused damaged when I first started and all hell broke loose. It was refused, because it was damaged. Seemed pretty straight forward.... Why the friend is it even an option if we can't use it?
On the DIAD hit pkg info soft key I think four is address correction. Type in the info it asks for then deliver to correct address

oldngray

nowhere special
If a customer moved to someplace nearby I would usually deliver to their new address at first but if it has been months (or longer) and they still keep getting packages shipped to their old address I would give to clerk to have corrected for the next day. Sometimes it took them getting their packages delayed another day to get their attention.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
those monster books where called Coles directories if i remember. last one i threw out was dated 1995. im not trusting any book that's 20 years old! in my building there are no on road address corrections done in the diad. i didn't know that was a possibility and quite frankly don't like the idea for obvious job security reasons. i also wonder if diad corrections generate revenue like corrections done in my system? i originally was hired as driver helper during peek and then i drove for about 18 months pre diad before switching to preload. i pretty much have seen and understand every aspect of the job from unload to preload to delivery through the days of stop count sheets and chart numbers to pal stickers and decap and that helps me be a good clerk. since i was granted internet access, google/bing search and maps plus websites like LinkedIn, Realtor and Zillow have cut my bad address postcards down to hardly any. by pre-proccessing bad addresses and using google maps i save tabs in internet explorer showing street view of houses that drivers cant find and sheet as no such numbers. then when they bring me the packages, i pull up that screen and show them the house for tomorrows delivery. by using LinkedIn i find suite numbers and company names for all those folk who order amazon crap and ship it to there jobs.

Man Of Brown

Its infuriating when regular drivers sheet up typos like 554 x street as no such number when it should be 556x street and don't address correct in DIAD, but bring it back to building

As the driver, how are we supposed to know what number us wrong? Is it supposed to be 556 x street? Or 754 x street? Or 514 x street? Too many possibilities unless its a business I guess. I will try the first obvious possibility, 556 instead of 554. But if no one answers I'm not leaving it there that's for sure.

T

Turdferguson

As the driver, how are we supposed to know what number us wrong? Is it supposed to be 556 x street? Or 754 x street? Or 514 x street? Too many possibilities unless its a business I guess. I will try the first obvious possibility, 556 instead of 554. But if no one answers I'm not leaving it there that's for sure.
That is why I said regular driver. An example being one who has been on a route for 5 plus years and has a pkg for a business that he delivers to every day and knows good and well what their address is, but still sheets it up as no such number

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is why I said regular driver. An example being one who has been on a route for 5 plus years and has a pkg for a business that he delivers to every day and knows good and well what their address is, but still sheets it up as no such number

I have a business on campus that routinely uses the wrong address. Most of the time I would just address correct and deliver it but when they continued to do it, even after I told them that they were using the wrong address, I would bring them back and have the clerk ADC them, delaying the delivery by one business day. They finally got the message and there have been no issues since.

T

Turdferguson

I have a business on campus that routinely uses the wrong address. Most of the time I would just address correct and deliver it but when they continued to do it, even after I told them that they were using the wrong address, I would bring them back and have the clerk ADC them, delaying the delivery by one business day. They finally got the message and there have been no issues since.
I understand that instance ,but the ones of which I speak do it to pad stop count, and don't mention it to the clerks.