What's the current UPS package delivery driver pay progression?

Drake L.

I'm planning on getting experience as a P&D driver then apply to ups as a delivery driver. What is the starting pay through top rated like?

Experience? Delivering packages? For who? FEDEX? CocaCola? Delivery experience or not, it won't land you a FT driving position buddy. Say hello to cover driver and working 2 days a week :)

McGee

I'm planning on getting experience as a P&D driver then apply to ups as a delivery driver. What is the starting pay through top rated like?

Hold on a second, you said P&D , someone will correct me if it's wrong, but so you are going to be working at ups freight ? They are the ones that do the P&D ( just going by the way you phrased it), THEN you are going to quit, and apply to ups?

They will not look too kindly in that since there is a question that asks if you have worked for ups before. If you answer that question wrong and WHEN you get caught, you will most likely NOT get an interview.

And the stars would have to align perfectly for you to just get an off the street driving job.

Good luck.

brownstreak86

Yeah man. I'm not saying it won't happen, but getting hired off the street is tough. I did it, but it took me 9 seasons (5 as a driver helper, 4 as a seasonal driver at Christmas), and now I am working 0-2 days a week. Covering is tough, especially in a a small building (we have 23 drivers). I'm honestly not sure I can make it, but I am going to keep trying!

upschuck

Yeah man. I'm not saying it won't happen, but getting hired off the street is tough. I did it, but it took me 9 seasons (5 as a driver helper, 4 as a seasonal driver at Christmas), and now I am working 0-2 days a week. Covering is tough, especially in a a small building (we have 23 drivers). I'm honestly not sure I can make it, but I am going to keep trying!
I'm confused, your avatar says you are male, but you name says you have no junk?????

Drake L.

Hold on a second, you said P&D , someone will correct me if it's wrong, but so you are going to be working at ups freight ? They are the ones that do the P&D ( just going by the way you phrased it), THEN you are going to quit, and apply to ups?

They will not look too kindly in that since there is a question that asks if you have worked for ups before. If you answer that question wrong and WHEN you get caught, you will most likely NOT get an interview.

And the stars would have to align perfectly for you to just get an off the street driving job.

Good luck.
With my experiance in CDL driving wouldn't they like the fact that i could be a package car driver then be a cover driver for the tractor trailer drivers when there sick or on vacation. I mean most Package delivery drivers don't have CDLs. I thought this would be a good way to get into ups. what do you guys think?

Drake L.

(c) The progression for employees entering a package car driving, feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job cov- ered by Section 3 below) after August 1, 2013 shall be as follows:

Start. 18.75
Seniority. 18.75
Twelve (12) months 19.50
Twenty-four (24) months 21.00
Thirty-six (36) months 25.00
Forty-eight (48) months top rate

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...fied-under-new-contract.368286/#ixzz3zeyC8iz0
what is top rate?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
With my experiance in CDL driving wouldn't they like the fact that i could be a package car driver then be a cover driver for the tractor trailer drivers when there sick or on vacation. I mean most Package delivery drivers don't have CDLs. I thought this would be a good way to get into ups. what do you guys think?

*snicker, snicker*

PT Car Washer

Wrong. You would be working outside of your classification. You should apply as a Feeder cover driver.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Nope.