What's the deal with FedEx?

FedExer267

So let me get this straight Brown, The Air drivers are basically full time drivers that make the same as you and you obviously deliever both. Man just more proof over here that we get the shaft, but wait you guys are Union and they are the necessary evil as some put it around here so how is it your Air drivers and you regular drivers can be union pay all your dues make a killer wage with a great benefit package and UPS still be more profitable than FedEx especially when this company does everything they can to keep the union out and pay down? I just dont get it sounds like a real evil union.

bbsam

Staff member
At UPS this term is in reference to Full-Time drivers that we have that are only there to deliver "Air" packages. An "Air" package to us is any level of next day air, any level of second day air, and International packages. They can deliver "Ground" packages but then their pay will be that of a regular Full-Time driver for that day.
These employees are also available to work on Saturdays and there duties usually involve that of some sort of combo job with the inside.
Hopefully this answers your question, but I'm sure I left something out. Thankfully I have seen Air drivers on here so maybe they will correct me if I'm wrong.
There's a thread here that says air drivers in New York are being pushed to pre-load or forced out of the company. Is this a possible trend nationwide?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Well then, I guess, having a separate person that delivers air cargo and a separate person deliver ground cargo isn't all that unbelievable.