What's the earliest you can retire?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
You make me look like a slacker. I am only at around 300k

tenor (14).gif

Over 15 years of draining the pension for me!

I would like to Thank all the Hard Working UPS/Teamsters who keep this monthly pension coming my way!
Keep up the good work! Every time I see a pension provider ( to the company you are service provider, to us retiree's you are a pension provider ) I hope that person gets to do as I have done, RETIRE!
That’s great that you lived to be old. Not everyone does. I repeat, pensions are great, if you live long enough to use them. A 21 year old can die at 30 and what a waste of paying a pension.

Shiftless

That’s great that you lived to be old. Not everyone does. I repeat, pensions are great, if you live long enough to use them. A 21 year old can die at 30 and what a waste of paying a pension.

Thanks for telling everyone I am old!

But in the grand scheme of things I am actually young to have been retired over 15 years I like to think.

BUT! You are right, not everyone lives long enough to see a pension. I would say more don't see one because they quit, physical health or mental health or just life's issues get in the way before they can get to the pension program more than the an early death.

Gotta run, my glass is half full and wouldn't surprise me its been filled up again while I was goofin on this poooter!

Shiftless

I am not saying what I have drained out so far!

I don't want people think I was taking full advantage of the system as contractually agreed upon on my behalf when I retired. Even tho I did take full advantage of what was offered to me 15 plus years ago to "GO AWAY" and "Live My Life" I still appreciate all those who keep putting monies into the pension! You guys are the "BEST EVER" pension providers an OLD GUY could ever ask for!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Total respect for all the brothers and sisters who paid into the pension fund for 5-10 years and then moved on without ever drawing on it. I always raise a glass to those brave souls.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod, you Olngray are just youngsters. I'm sitting at $801 grand. Hoping and shooting for One Million if the old lady don't work me to death around the house before I get there.
I've always said there are people on here who have been retired longer than me and are probably older than me. My goal is to be retired from UPS as long as I worked at UPS. I'm approximately 2/3rds the way there

Shiftless

You have to wonder what the youngin's think when we post how long we have been retired and how our goal is to be retired as long as we worked.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Rod, you Olngray are just youngsters. I'm sitting at $801 grand. Hoping and shooting for One Million if the old lady don't work me to death around the house before I get there.
And guys working now will have almost a million dollars put in on their behalf. They’ll never get their moneys worth.

Overpaid Union Thug

My “early retirement date” (according to UPSers.com) is less than seven years from now and would pay me about $2k/month. But if I stick around another year and a half it goes up to more than $3k/month. LOL Yeah I’ll stay.

My wife and I are considering retiring overseas to a country with a low cost of living as soon as I start drawing my pension from UPS. I had actually accepted the fact that I was either going to keep working as long as I can or retire and find another job that’s easy but would keep me active. We’d have to sell our house otherwise. And the issue of insurance would be in play as well.

Many Americans move south of the border to whatever country they chose to avoid having to keep working. The cost of living turns modest pensions and savings into quite a fortune. But I don’t want to live in Latin American. I heard Spain and Portugal are sweet for retirees and we’d be living quite well with my pension. Supposedly $25k/year in income would get us a modest lifestyle. Unless UPS/IBT tanks our pensions I should be getting at least $36k/year by today’s calculations. I’ll be 51/52 and will also get a National Guard pension at 60. We’ll see what happens. Allot can happen between now and then.

Last edited: