whats the nicest thing a customer has done for you???

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Anyone ever have a customer leave you in their will, or give you something really cool??

After one of our blizzards last year, a customer left a card and $10 for my driver and I. I've heard some very touching stories about what customers have done for UPS drivers, though--retirement gifts, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these posts. -Rocky

wornoutupser

My refrigerator quit working soon after my child died a few years ago. I called the repairman for a estimate and came home to a new refrigerator at no charge. We are still grateful for that gift!

retired2000

we had a driver move to another state and alot of his customers got together and had a plaque made up for him and they came to work one morning and gave it to him

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
It was a brutal summer, whole week over 100 degrees. I took a break in a not so great neighborhood under a tree in this cul-de-sac. This lady came out with a large glass of lemonade and some ice-cold watermelon. I've seen this lady before (never delivered to her) and I know she doesn't have much, but what she did renewed my faith that there are good people in this world.

Fnix

It was a brutal summer, whole week over 100 degrees. I took a break in a not so great neighborhood under a tree in this cul-de-sac. This lady came out with a large glass of lemonade and some ice-cold watermelon. I've seen this lady before (never delivered to her) and I know she doesn't have much, but what she did renewed my faith that there are good people in this world.

bad neighbor and watermelon lol

ikoi62

Um,Now that I`m married I can`t say.:blushing:
LOL

When a Bridal shop i delivered to found out i asked a secretary on my route to marry me they insisted i send her to them for a dress, i did she picked out a dress had it fitted and whatever. when i stopped in to make a down payment on it she gave me the bill and marked paid in full on it. she also gave me a envelope. in the envolope was a note and a card the note said Thank You for all you do. also in there was a giftcard for my tux rental.

diesel96

A chromer on my old route traded me 2 chrome motorcycle wheels for my 2 stock polished Aluminum wheels.....retail value anywhere between $400 to $700 a piece......Xmas time I would clean up. One thing I miss since going to Feeders.

browned_out

:thumbup1: One day I was talking to the owner of one of the accounts on my route, we got to talking about family, I told him my wife and I just had our third child (girl). He asked me what her name was, I told him and he asked for my address. I figured we would get a card in the mail, 2 months later I recieved a $500.00 US Savings bond for my daughter.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat

Sometimes, no money in the world can amount to what some people do for each other. Thank God there are people like this in the world!

Cementups

Box Monkey

There is a woman on my area (one of my pickups) that will do this on days that it is really hot. She will leave a container of cantaloupe and watermelon and a bottle of cold water in a cooler for me. In the winter she makes a lot of baked goods and will leave me plenty of baked goods as well.

Another one of my daily pickups has given me $100 every year for Christmas. the year that my daughter was they gave me $150. the amazing thing is that if you saw them they would seem to not have 2 nickels to rub together. They are probably my favorite customers. Not due to the monetary factor but they are intellectually stimulating as well.

I have even called a customer to come and give me a tow out of ditch I was stuck in. It was quicker than calling hte center and waiting 2 hours for a rig. He didn't have to do it but he was good enough to do it as a favor. I would say that a good portion of my customers would open their door to me if I needed help and that is more than I could ever ask of anyone in return for the service that I provide on a daily basis.

satellitedriver

There is a woman on my area (one of my pickups) that will do this on days that it is really hot. She will leave a container of cantaloupe and watermelon and a bottle of cold water in a cooler for me. In the winter she makes a lot of baked goods and will leave me plenty of baked goods as well.

Another one of my daily pickups has given me $100 every year for Christmas. the year that my daughter was they gave me $150. the amazing thing is that if you saw them they would seem to not have 2 nickels to rub together. They are probably my favorite customers. Not due to the monetary factor but they are intellectually stimulating as well.

I have even called a customer to come and give me a tow out of ditch I was stuck in. It was quicker than calling hte center and waiting 2 hours for a rig. He didn't have to do it but he was good enough to do it as a favor. I would say that a good portion of my customers would open their door to me if I needed help and that is more than I could ever ask of anyone in return for the service that I provide on a daily basis.
You care for your customers and they are just returning the favor.
Their kindness makes you kinder.
Amazing how that works.
PAX

helenofcalifornia

People are basically good. All we hear about from the media is the bad or bizarre. To the point that we won't even let our kids go outside to play for fear of being kidnapped. All you can do for all of the kindness is "pay it forward."

upsdude

I had two that come to mind. One moved to another route, the other one went out of business. That's probably the nicest thing they did for me.