whats your commute?

herbigharo32

From the time I lock my front door and arrive to my work area, 18 - 20 minutes. The distance is 6.1 miles each way. It takes 2.5 gallons of gas a week at an average cost of $6.45.

wadep

My commute is 40 miles each way. Takes between 50 and 55 minutes, depending on traffic and wild life on the highway

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I drive 56.5 miles round trip everyday. It usually takes about 40-45 minutes to get to work. There is no way I would move into the area I work in.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
50 miles one-way across the top of the perimeter in Atlanta. 60 minutes in the morning at 6 a.m. and 80 minutes in the evening around 6:30.
25 gallons of gas a week.
Take many vacation days on Monday's just to miss the traffic.
I like my job but hate the commute!

bigbrownhen

You city guys can have all that traffic. If it takes me more than 25 minutes (18 miles one way), there has been a major traffic tie up. I would loose my mind(whats left anyway) sitting in conjested traffic in a big city like Atlanta or New York for hours on end.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You city guys can have all that traffic. If it takes me more than 25 minutes (18 miles one way), there has been a major traffic tie up. I would loose my mind(whats left anyway) sitting in conjested traffic in a big city like Atlanta or New York for hours on end.

I think of it as my 2 hours of Zen.

It is what it is.