what's your favorite "porta-john" to use while on the road?

vantexan

I figured you were, so why play their game? Just code the 43 and let the manager figure it out.

No, we were ordered to. We've had it suggested in the past, but he insisted this time. We've had a bit of a culture change with the new sr.mgr. He had 4 FTers quit in last 2 weeks at our sister station. I told a mgr a week ago that if pay doesn't substantially improve next March I'm quitting by 53. I also hit 143.7% one day last week. I'll keep working hard, comply with what they want, leave when the time's right. Not in it anymore for better pay, just biding my time. If they do pay better I'll stick around. I'm just tired of fighting, want to move on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, we were ordered to. We've had it suggested in the past, but he insisted this time. We've had a bit of a culture change with the new sr.mgr. He had 4 FTers quit in last 2 weeks at our sister station. I told a mgr a week ago that if pay doesn't substantially improve next March I'm quitting by 53. I also hit 143.7% one day last week. I'll keep working hard, comply with what they want, leave when the time's right. Not in it anymore for better pay, just biding my time. If they do pay better I'll stick around. I'm just tired of fighting, want to move on.

WHAT!!! Only 143.7%!!! You should be doing at least 160% every single day.SLACKER!!! Next week your new target will be at least 143.8% of goal. God, we have such lazy couriers.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I guess I'm like the kid in school that always blew the Bell curve for everyone...lol I noticed a posting for 100% VANS and PODS, I was at the top of the list! I guess, since it was for something good, that was why I never heard about it...

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
No, we were ordered to. We've had it suggested in the past, but he insisted this time.

We had it suggested to us on Weds. and I kept myself busy sorting my docs. and freight. Another CRR asked if I was taking the .5 lunch now (it was beyond 1 hr. since clock-in) I said no way! I'm getting paid while we wait for frt. I'm not gonna not get paid while I'm working.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I do the same thing when they have late freight, I don't let them scare me into taking a break when I should be in a 43. I learned that lesson a long, long time ago.

Always look like you're busy and they tend to not bother you much.

FedEx2000

I guess I'm like the kid in school that always blew the Bell curve for everyone...lol I noticed a posting for 100% VANS and PODS, I was at the top of the list! I guess, since it was for something good, that was why I never heard about it...

Nothing personal, but you're a Courier/Handler right? Who by your own admission only does a handful of dels before doing a bulk pickup? If you can't get a VAN/POD on all 10 pkgs I would be concerned.

vantexan

Nothing personal, but you're a Courier/Handler right? Who by your own admission only does a handful of dels before doing a bulk pickup? If you can't get a VAN/POD on all 10 pkgs I would be concerned.

LOL, I've put myself on 43 most of the time over the years. But our docs hadn't come in, what freight I had was vanned, and he told us we had to. Just as well, heavy day with late freight, glad I got break out of the way, although that makes for a long day.

whenIgetthere

LOL, I've put myself on 43 most of the time over the years. But our docs hadn't come in, what freight I had was vanned, and he told us we had to. Just as well, heavy day with late freight, glad I got break out of the way, although that makes for a long day.

This drives me nuts. As I've stated before, I worked in management for many years prior to coming to X. Does anyone know what we did if a container from the port was late, or if we finished our shipping/receiving/cycle counts etc. early, we picked up brooms! There is no reason (other than Smith's cheap SOB ways) that when there is a delay, couriers can't use the time to clean their vehicles, or something similar. Hey Fred, this is how the rest of the business world handles those times when all things don't run smoothly! Why should employees who are SCHEDULED to work have to go on break because your cluster doesn't run the way it should!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This drives me nuts. As I've stated before, I worked in management for many years prior to coming to X. Does anyone know what we did if a container from the port was late, or if we finished our shipping/receiving/cycle counts etc. early, we picked up brooms! There is no reason (other than Smith's cheap SOB ways) that when there is a delay, couriers can't use the time to clean their vehicles, or something similar. Hey Fred, this is how the rest of the business world handles those times when all things don't run smoothly! Why should employees who are SCHEDULED to work have to go on break because your cluster doesn't run the way it should!

Don't you know that Fred is "special"? Why shouldn't he be able to avoid paying you when his operation malfunctions? God, it's a privilege to work for such a wonderful company, and you don't even appreciate it. What other business gets to adjust your start times (and not pay you) when the weather is bad, or force you to go on "break" at 0800 because some aspect of their operation takes a dump? None. Zero. Nada.

As Ricochet1a says, all of this happy crap is illegal in every state I know of, so don't play their game. If they have a recorder, just show up anyway and start cleaning your truck or re-arranging the supplies etc. They have to pay you. Same with the Code 43 BS. If the CTV or airplane is late, is that your fault? No, it isn't. Again, use the code, and make a copy of your timecard.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, Fred's "special" alright.

His attitude is that the workforce owes him and his "friends" all the finer things in life. All this crap employees have had to do over the years just to keep their jobs (backed off start times, working thru breaks, code 13 when some pilot can't get his act together etc.) I'm sure all this adds up to hundreds of millions that stays inside Fred's wallet. Every state's department of labor could have a heyday with this kind of conduct.

It's no wonder that this misfortune 500 company is beset with so many lawsuits. Happy, Fred?