When a Senior VP Invites Questions

Nolimitz

I have the highest mileage rte in our station. over 300 miles a day. I get the first new one to arrive. My old sprinter will be used as a "floater" rig in town only. we are supposed to get 2 sprinters and a 600 that arrived last week. Our 700's are way past 10 yrs and no new ones in the future. We have a few "newer" 900's but not many.

MassWineGuy

Not sure about our trucks, but the Ford and GMC vans seem pretty old. They seem to run fine, but in some you can see the pavement through holes in the cargo section floor.

Star B

White Lightening
700's are history. My Sprinter is being retired as soon as a new one arrives current mileage is 309K
Oh please, that's barely broken in. One we had that was retired due to frame rust-out was 430k+ and still worked well great.

The only reason why we got a fleet refresh was the frame rust-out issue. If it wasn't for that, we'd still be running rust.

MassWineGuy

You’ve heard the story on the rusted frames? A vp years back bought thousands of trucks made with cheap Chinese steel frames that rusted out. Reportedly, he was also the one who bought those terrible Ford vans that require 65 point turns to turn around. The vp is no longer with the company.

Well, yesterday my senior manager wasn’t in when I arrived; nor any other managers except mine. She said she hadn’t heard anything about my email.

Star B

White Lightening
You’ve heard the story on the rusted frames? A vp years back bought thousands of trucks made with cheap Chinese steel frames that rusted out. Reportedly, he was also the one who bought those terrible Ford vans that require 65 point turns to turn around. The vp is no longer with the company.
These are W Vin Sprinters, so, Geehrman Engineering.

SmithBarney

Came from a snowy station, all our vans and sprinters were outfitted with Blizzak tires, our 700's had the meatiest tires I've ever seen on a box truck, I don't think we had a single stuck vehicle during the winters.

dezguy

Came from a snowy station, all our vans and sprinters were outfitted with Blizzak tires, our 700's had the meatiest tires I've ever seen on a box truck, I don't think we had a single stuck vehicle during the winters.
Same here. We have rear tires with serious tread and 500 lbs metal slabs bolted down at the rear.

Never have gotten stuck in a sprinter, even the old Dodge's. The E250's we used to have were a different story. I got stuck in someone's driveway in packed down snow because their drive was slightly uphill to the street. Those things were useless in anything more than a dusting.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
What is this "snow" you guys speak of?

3f8f37e0-2f5f-4d1d-acdc-714e608d1b4c-gif.226253

Heh...