when to retire?

group

When to retire?If I do not retire under the current contract ,will I lose my time before 2008 .that ups is suppose to cover from central states retirement fund they bought out .im being told its cover on this contract, if I leave. But very grey area it I leave afterward on next contract. Based all on central states fund going belly up. ?????

group

Back to my ? Has anybody heard if ups will honor that agreement .or do they even have to , since the law has changed that made them cover it. !

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I guess you will need to wish until 2018 to find out.

When you do, please let Scratch know, as he does not have a clue as to when he should retire.

Are you jealous that when he does retire, he will probably have more money, better pension, and an overall better quality of life than you will when you go?

oldngray

nowhere special
I used to think like that ---when the plan still had some $$$ in it. Now I've moved on to trying to convince people to not draw early SS for the same reason.

Treat the pension as a bonus. If you get any money you can use it on extras but have enough from other sources to make sure you will have enough to get by on. The big unknown is healthcare and how much everyone will end up paying.