When you are in the know......and when you are not

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Just wanted to vent here a bit.
After the first of the year a state operated facility began receiving next day air shipment of what were apparently some sort of medications for the clinic on site.
Before, all incoming shipments were taking to a central receiving warehouse. They were always signed for by the attendant there. If he happened to be out making his delivery rounds at the time I arrived then I was instructed to leave all parcels on the dock and collect a signature from the front office. I was instructed to let them know how many where left and then they would send either security or maintenance to secure them in the building. I had continued with this procedure because I had never been told otherwise.
This last week I not only received a concern from the clinic on the facility stating that I was leaving medical shipments out in the open for inmates to possibly steal but also the shipper pharmacy sent incriminating emails to very important persons within UPS management stating that I AND the local UPS center have been spoken to numerous times about the issue and have not been willing to change to their liking.
NOW.....this was really the first time I had heard of this issue. Never had anyone on the facility said a word to me about a change in delivery procedure.
So aggravating when they assume so much while leaving me in the dark.

rod

Retired 22 years
Screw em----if no ones at the receiving dock leave a note and come back the next day. It sounds like you are there everyday anyway.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I used to be real flexible and help folks out on my route. Coming by twice with a COD, coming back later if they needed me to for a pickup, etc. Once they break it off in me, well, no more favors from this old boy.

Box Ox

Just wait until they realize "their liking" means their receiving attendant actually has to be physically present at the warehouse every day until the end of time to receive shipments or their stuff bounces.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Sounds like someone there got there but chewed out and they threw you and your center under the bus. From now on they would get the bare minimum level of service.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sounds like someone there got there but chewed out and they threw you and your center under the bus. From now on they would get the bare minimum level of service.

Probably some big shot in an office upstairs who never goes down to receiving. He only hears half the story but still calls UPS to complain.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Somewhere in the back of your mind you had to realize that leaving packages on the loading dock, especially medication, and then going to the office for a signature was probably not a good idea.

Be thankful that all of the packages were accounted for and move on from there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
After the first of the year a state operated facility began receiving next day air shipment of what were apparently some sort of medications for the clinic on site.
Before, all incoming shipments were taking to a central receiving warehouse. They were always signed for by the attendant there. If he happened to be out making his delivery rounds at the time I arrived then I was instructed to leave all parcels on the dock and collect a signature from the front office. I was instructed to let them know how many where left and then they would send either security or maintenance to secure them in the building. I had continued with this procedure because I had never been told otherwise.
This last week I not only received a concern from the clinic on the facility stating that I was leaving medical shipments out in the open for inmates to possibly steal but also the shipper pharmacy sent incriminating emails to very important persons within UPS management stating that I AND the local UPS center have been spoken to numerous times about the issue and have not been willing to change to their liking.
NOW.....this was really the first time I had heard of this issue. Never had anyone on the facility said a word to me about a change in delivery procedure.
Lesson Learned
As bad as Corporations are ... Governments are even worse.

DOK

I hate that. Just tell me what you want and I'll do it!!! To come across like you're intentionally doing something wrong or incapable of doing the job is irritating to say the least. I feel your pain bro.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Somewhere in the back of your mind you had to realize that leaving packages on the loading dock, especially medication, and then going to the office for a signature was probably not a good idea.

Be thankful that all of the packages were accounted for and move on from there.

They get shipments of dozens of boxes every day. I really don't care what is in each individual box. Their specific delivery instructions were to leave them that is what I did, per their request.
Now, I have deliver the mess to the front office and then drive back to CR to deliver the rest. And I am supposed to know what all the meds are.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Screw em----if no ones at the receiving dock leave a note and come back the next day.

From now on they would get the bare minimum level of service.

:biggrin:

NI1 see you tomorrow.

Better yet, NR1 more accurately explains it.

They get shipments of dozens of boxes every day. I really don't care what is in each individual box. Their specific delivery instructions were to leave them that is what I did, per their request.
Now, I have deliver the mess to the front office and then drive back to CR to deliver the rest. And I am supposed to know what all the meds are.

Did UPS go in to the catering business ?

Seriously.... grab your steward and talk (document) with the center management people.

Don't get creative. It just causes problems. You, will be left holding the bag.

-Bug-

Box Ox

I have a stop where everything that has to be delivered inside has a specific "Deliver to" location on the label and a message to deliver there pops up in my board for any air meant for them. If it doesn't have either of those it goes to the dock, period.

If you're not given a way to know what's what, let management know in writing and get a picture of it.

Better yet, NR1 more accurately explains it.

We have to sheet all businesses as CL in my center. NI is residential only and NR is for call tags.