where can I get a brown hooded UPS sweatshirt

huskervi

Ive seen the a couple of drivers walking around in them and I am doing driver helper again this year and would like to purchase one. All they give us is a pullover coat that gets hot as hell and I would like to buy a hooded sweatshirt. I asked at the driver helper orientation and the clown had no idea where I could get one

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You're not required to buy your own uniform, UPS will issue them as it deems necessary. In fact, you'd probably draw the attention of Loss Prevention (UPS internal security) if you attempted or succeeded in doing so. My suggestion would be to talk with the center management, saying you're concerned the pullover lowers the public's image of UPS and its service. Maybe they'll do a better job of scrounging up a uniform. Or just go to the store and buy a brown hoodie to wear and take your chances they're not watching you, or a customer complains (apparently we had a complaint last year about a helper "sagging" his pants).

LKLND3380

Ive seen the a couple of drivers walking around in them and I am doing driver helper again this year and would like to purchase one. All they give us is a pullover coat that gets hot as hell and I would like to buy a hooded sweatshirt. I asked at the driver helper orientation and the clown had no idea where I could get one

I never saw drivers wearing hooded sweatshirt and not sure that is accepted uniform? I have seen the nylon pull over like a golf jacket...

IF you can log into UPSers.com, from there you can get to Corporate Express, Lands End for items. But if it's not acceptable uniform it could cause problems...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There is no official UPS brown hooded sweatshirt, it doesn't exist as part of the uniform. You might find a brown one in a retail store. Last year, I started my Helper in October and he got two set of a Driver's uniform, thats two pairs of long pants, two long sleeved shirts, one Helper's pullover shirt, one belt, and one sock cap.

30andout

Carhart makes one thats pretty close to UPS brown, some guys get away with wearing them. Just depends on who wants to screw with you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have the hooded sweatshirt in our center in Upstate NY. A local vendor bought some brown hooded sweatshirts, embroidered the logo, and sells them for $25. Mgt has stated that they are not part of the uniform but turn their backs as at least 1/3 of the drivers wear them. I actually prefer a turtleneck under the shirt with either the vest or jacket as I can't access my shirt pockets for info notices and pens with the sweatshirt. The hooded sweatshirt would be perfect for helpers as most of them dislike the pullover jackets (too hot).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Carhart makes one thats pretty close to UPS brown, some guys get away with wearing them. Just depends on who wants to screw with you.
You beat me to it! I wear a brown carharrt, under my vest. No one has ever said a word. Much warmer than issue. Get fancy and cut an emblem off your sock and sew it on the chest, you will be fine:crying:

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
How about the brown sweaters? I've seen the old school drivers that wear them and I believe they were part of the issued uniform at one time. Seems that they are hard to aquire these days. Are they still authorized, and is it possile to get them?

Cementups

Box Monkey
The sweaters were part of the accessory catalog and you could buy them. they are NOT available anymore. My helper last year just delivered in his brown pants and a black Turtleneck. I'm out in the country so we really only do residential stops so I let him get away with it.

NYUPS: are you offering to sell those sweatshirts on here to fellow UPS'ers?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
When I was helping last Peak, I was issued one pair of pants and one pullover jacket. The pants were pretty durable and the jacket was warm enough for me when I needed it. It got kinda warm here a couple days, though. I was pretty sweaty in the jacket one particular day and the driver said, "Hey, if you have a white, grey or black t-shirt under that jacket, take the jacket off." I mentioned being concerned about getting in deep do-do for doing so and he said, "Nah, don't worry about it. I saw a helper in my neighborhood the other night wearing a white t-shirt. The driver was an on-road supe." :w00t: -Rocky

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
If I get a good helper I will keep him supplied with shirts so he is more comfortable. He is usually so busy the long sleeved shirt and a tee shirt is all he needs to keep warm unless it rains or we get hit with a blizzard. Nobody from the center ever sees him so no one is any wiser.

tireknocker

Louisville sells them at a gift shop at the Hub. Dark brown with UPS logo on them don't know if they are Corp approved. All the drivers their wear them.

30andout

The sweaters were part of the accessory catalog and you could buy them. they are NOT available anymore. My helper last year just delivered in his brown pants and a black Turtleneck. I'm out in the country so we really only do residential stops so I let him get away with it.

NYUPS: are you offering to sell those sweatshirts on here to fellow UPS'ers?
Why would they give you a helper on a res rr????

toeknee2gx

I asked at the driver helper orientation and the clown had no idea where I could get one

the "clown" had no idea because its not apart of the uniform...

Why didnt you just ask one of the folks wearing the sweatshirt where they got it from?? It would probably save you some time.

over9five

Staff member
It seems every feeder driver here has a brown sweatshirt with a picture of a feeder on the left chest, and it says NE FEEDERS. It comes in a hoodie, too.

They say it comes in a package version too, but I've never seen anyone with one.

Dutch Dawg

As stated above, Carhart uses a nice dark brown that goes well with the uniform. Geez..listen to me it almost sounds like I'm fashion conscious. For cold climates there is a style with a quilted liner, for moderate temps there is a fleece lined hooded sweat.

If you can't find any in your area, google the working persons store, they offer a discount if you tell them you work for brown.

Should you decide it's more important to be warm than in compliance with the dress code, just don't make the mistake of wearing it in front of the District Manager... I'll save that story for another day.

Sammie

Hooded UPS sweatshirts.

Sounds suspicious to me.

You can't be too careful about what you wear when you're out there representing the company.

I'm sure you heard a few months back about the stolen UPS trucks that contained about $30,000 of UPS uniforms, which were purchased on eBay by Al Qaeda terrorists who had hoped to use them as disguises to enter office buildings....