Where does it stop?

Channahon

I just don't get it, where does it stop? If I lived in St. Charles, MO, I would surely attend this town meeting.

One would think there would be more pressing issues for city government than bar patrons enjoying a "bar atmosphere"

St.Charles hopes to ban cussing in bars

ASSOCIATED PRESS
01/08/2008

ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- Shoot. Heck. Doggone it. Those words may soon be about as harsh as it gets at bars in St. Charles.

The St. Louis-area town is considering a bill that would place strict restrictions on bars. No table-dancing. No drinking contests.

And no cussing.

City officials say it's needed to keep rowdy crowds under control. They say the historic downtown area gets a little too lively on some nights.

But some bar owners worry the bill is too vague and restrictive. They also believe it may be a violation of their civil rights.

The proposal would ban indecent, profane or obscene language, songs, entertainment and literature.

A meeting to discuss the proposal is set for next Monday at City Hall.

diesel96

Aw Heck, golly gee shucks ! I guess their gonna cancel springbreak in MO......

What's next...Ejection from Busch Stadium if you call the Ump a
friend%*#king blind bum!
Come to think of it,there are some annoying drunk :censored2: people at public events...Don't you wish you had a paint ball gun or a taser at the time they get out of hand:knockedout:.

I can't remember the last time I've been in a bar where they served milk and cookies, played Disney Music and had Dr Suess literature.

I guess they will also cancel or block the HBO series DeadWood from your TV sets.