Where is my package?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I don't recall ever having ANY apple product that came without a sig req. That means an SDN is NOT acceptable.

For packages from AI, when the DIAD barks at you after moving to the next screen look at the top right of the screen. It seems 75% will have "SND OK" and 25% won't. I can not figure out why there is a difference. I speak with the customers when they come to the door and it doesn't matter if its an Ipad, Iphone or Ipod. Some will allow a SDN and some won't, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to which boxes have to have a sig in the diad.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
For packages from AI, when the DIAD barks at you after moving to the next screen look at the top right of the screen. It seems 75% will have "SND OK" and 25% won't. I can not figure out why there is a difference. I speak with the customers when they come to the door and it doesn't matter if its an Ipad, Iphone or Ipod. Some will allow a SDN and some won't, there seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to which boxes have to have a sig in the diad.
Maybe it's a state thing. I've had customers say that they are getting nothing more than a charging cord or other accessories and I've always had to get a signature.

UPSGUY72

Ask your supervisor. You must have been out for the PCMs regarding Apple deliveries.

IMAG0039[1].jpg
IMAG0039[1].jpg

Sasquatch

I ordered an iPhone and was told by one of your workers that you tried to deliver it multiple times. It's not my fault your drivers aren't smart enough to use a phone to call and let me know. Where is my phone? Honestly I think he stole it. I'm so frustrated with this company.

Most humans would leave a note on there door, like the old days... Oh the irony in what your package consists of and the what posted about them calling you, LOL I wish I didn't live in a technology dependent generation! <-- Irony of me being on the computer, too :D

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most humans would leave a note on there door, like the old days... Oh the irony in what your package consists of and the what posted about them calling you, LOL I wish I didn't live in a technology dependent generation! <-- Irony of me being on the computer, too :D

A handwritten note or signed delivery notice cannot be accepted for iPhone deliveries---the consignee must either sign for the package in person or download, fill out and tape the e-notice from apple to their door. We must then compare the 1Z on the e-notice to that of the package before completing the delivery to the location they requested on the e-notice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my fiefdom a SDN is acceptable for Apple deliveries. The 1Z is tied to the barcode of the delivery notice.

...but how do you know that the SDN is for that specific package? We are not allowed to use SDN's for signature required packages regardless of the shipper--options B and C on the back of the info notice clearly state that we must get a signature. The SDN is only for those packages which do not require a signature yet we do not feel it is safe to DR, such as high end electronics or computers.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In my fiefdom a SDN is acceptable for Apple deliveries. The 1Z is tied to the barcode of the delivery notice.

...but how do you know that the SDN is for that specific package? We are not allowed to use SDN's for signature required packages regardless of the shipper--options B and C on the back of the info notice clearly state that we must get a signature. The SDN is only for those packages which do not require a signature yet we do not feel it is safe to DR, such as high end electronics or computers.

Apple packages are not signature required they are only non dr packages. Just like any non dr area any old note telling me to leave the package will do the trick.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A handwritten note or signed delivery notice cannot be accepted for iPhone deliveries---the consignee must either sign for the package in person or download, fill out and tape the e-notice from apple to their door. We must then compare the 1Z on the e-notice to that of the package before completing the delivery to the location they requested on the e-notice.
See post #85, SDN is fine.
There is at least one company (I think it's Verizon) that doesn't even require an SDN for their IPhone shipments, you can DR on the first attempt.

Johney

Can't argue with the DIAD.

Johney

The training we had specifically said that we could not accept signed delivery notices---only an e-notice or a signature in person.
I hear ya upstate. But again this is one of those deals...different place different procedure.

Big Babooba

In this case, the signed delivery notice is printed out by the customer and has the tracking number of the package on it. They must match for you to release it. If the consignee has more than one package, you must get a signed delivery notice for each package. A signed UPS infoNotice will not cut it. That is what we were told on our side of the building and that is the procedure that I follow. I don't want to be paying for somebody's iPhone!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Maybe it's a state thing. I've had customers say that they are getting nothing more than a charging cord or other accessories and I've always had to get a signature.

Had 6 apple packages on Fri. Spoke with 2 customers who said it was an Iphone...both were the "SDN OK" type. 2 for the same house were Sig only. Spoke with this customer and they were the new pin connectors and not the actual phones. Cheap plastic connectors-sig only, and expensive actual phones SDNs ok. Someone from BD needs to go have a sitdown with the folks at AI and let them know what their shipping department is actually sending out.