Where the streets have no name

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
So I have a split off a rural driver and I get to this stop that the address is pulling up on my phone as a house on a different street. So I'm driving up and down all the streets sequenced with it in the diad and nada. Finally I pulled on this dirt road at a machine shop and called the driver who normally had it, he said go to the machine shop I was ironically already at and look for the dirt road with 5 mailboxes, I was already there! There was no sign to indicate that was even a street the mailboxes weren't even facing the main road and the trailers were without house numbers! Lol Needless to say the two hours overallowed may make them think twice about giving me that split again! (I'll probably have it tomorrow lol)

brostalss

Gotta love those "stingers". Isn't fun trying to find it the first time?

I bet you'll never forget where that stop is again.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Every now and then I get a stop 30 minutes south in the farmlands. I love it, lots of windshield time, scenic views and its a second lunch doing 1 stop in an hour!

Sent using BrownCafe App

30yearstolife

I had a cut once were the street (5th street) was at the edge of a bluff. Behind the street was an alley with houses perched on the bluff. None of the houses had access from any other street. When you enter the alley the first house's address was from the cross street (3rd Ave) . The next 2 houses had addresses from the street above it (5th Street). The next 3 houses had addresses from the street at the bottom of the bluff (4th Street). The next 2 houses had addresses of 4th and 1/2 Street. Finally the last house had an address of 5th Street circle.

9 houses all on the same alley, none with access other than the alley, addresses for 5 different streets! A lot of NSNs if cut to other drivers.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Welcome to extended rural routes where the mapbook says,
"Once you cross the 3rd cattle guard, make an immediate left and go for exactly 3.2 miles. On the left is a tire on the fence with hunting spelled wrong. Turn right and go exactly 17.8 miles and the house will be behind the pine trees on your right."

No kidding!

jaker

trolling
Or you turn of the pavement and see 50 mailboxes but not one street sign or a number on the house

I swear sometime USPS has it made

Z

ZQXC

I had a cut once were the street (5th street) was at the edge of a bluff. Behind the street was an alley with houses perched on the bluff. None of the houses had access from any other street. When you enter the alley the first house's address was from the cross street (3rd Ave) . The next 2 houses had addresses from the street above it (5th Street). The next 3 houses had addresses from the street at the bottom of the bluff (4th Street). The next 2 houses had addresses of 4th and 1/2 Street. Finally the last house had an address of 5th Street circle.

9 houses all on the same alley, none with access other than the alley, addresses for 5 different streets! A lot of NSNs if cut to other drivers.

Years ago before 911 addresses, delivered to an area where three houses on a loooong dirt road had exactly the same address. Same route and same box #; the post office was aware of the problem but it was never corrected. Delivery person had to also sort by name once he was at the "correct address".