White Monday

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
8:45 start, 95 stops, 240 miles.

Went back out to help another driver to round out a 12 hour day.

DIAD wasn't blowing up with messages, and there wasn't the usual frantic look in the eyes of management this time of year. I guess it was a good start.

Overpaid Union Thug

Well, this is UPS's 110th year so it's totally understandable that things aren't going well so far.... Oh wait nevermind.

And you'd think they'd have peak mastered after the somewhat stellar peaks we had the past two years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
915 start. Sat and twiddled my thumbs until 10 when my TP60 finally showed up. Delivered my first stop at 1115. 105 stops and punched out at 2200.
Not a smooth start.
Our first day was brutal. Didn't leave the building til after 10. When I got in after 21:00 they were scrambling to find help for multiple guys they thought wouldn't finish.

Brownslave688

Well, this is UPS's 110th year so it's totally understandable that things aren't going well so far.... Oh wait nevermind.

And you'd think they'd have peak mastered after the somewhat stellar peaks we had the past two years.
Heavier than any day last year and we had like 5 helpers on road. SMH

Keenj

167 stops 480 packages no helper.
74 miles.
1 budget truck dedicated for SurePost
Lots of mountain driving and snow and long driveways with no turnarounds.
ORION calls for 9.5 hours, 11 hours worked.

It's going to be a glorious peak.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Most of our problems were caused by our Center deciding to jump service on today's work. The post office in my area is failing on an all new level so far. Worse than us.
Trailer forecast system is screwed up company wide right now. Some brainiac in IE didn't set the right dates for the Black Friday loads so trailers are appearing with no warning and others are missing.

Hell of a start.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Trailer forecast system is screwed up company wide right now. Some brainiac in IE didn't set the right dates for the Black Friday loads so trailers are appearing with no warning and others are missing.

Hell of a start.
They have been doing this for a long time.....unacceptable!! It boils down to staffing issues....

km3

Yesterday was not a bad first day. Working on Saturday made a huge difference as we not only processed all of Monday's work but advanced 4,900 Tuesday packages. We were told today would be "decent" and Wednesday would be much busier.

They should've run ground here on Saturday. Instead it was just an air day for whichever drivers did come in. Sunrise hub came in to process closed business volume from Wednesday and Friday. On Sunday, Noonday, Twilight, and Midnight ran...That didn't didn't go too well. Advanced volume + Closed volume + regular volume = disaster. Things could have run a lot smoother if drivers were out delivering ground on Saturday.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
167 stops 480 packages no helper.
74 miles.
1 budget truck dedicated for SurePost
Lots of mountain driving and snow and long driveways with no turnarounds.
ORION calls for 9.5 hours, 11 hours worked.

It's going to be a glorious peak.
Such a scam....

Brownslave688

Hell of a start.
Right now?

I thought this was par for the course.