White Monday

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have a feeling tomorrow is gonna be a bad one. Cyber Monday shopping from Amazon should show up :( Our center had just under 6k packages today and 25 routes and when I looked at the computer before I left tonight it already forecasted 7.4k and only 27 routes. I'm gonna KY up before I leave my house in the morning.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This is peak in a nutshell !!!!

UPS will never win.
If we over staff, then the stockholders are pissed, look stupid in the media.
If we under staff, customers don't get their packages timely, look stupid in the media.

Our building looked like it got hit with a tornado.
Carts and piles of overweights just sitting because there is no room to get them to the cars.
Cages rolling around full while were told by management to bail and try to get our 10 airs off in a half hour.
8pm, the center is a ghost town with maybe 20% of the cars back in the building, being asked if I can go out and deliver more.
IE can go basically go to hell. Their numbers don't mean :censored2: and as far as I'm concerned, if you can't deliver or train, you're worthless.

Serenity Now
I feel better

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Had a driver in my center dispatched with over 300 stops today. Returned to the building around 1:00, threw the diad on the supervisors desk, quit and walked out.

WorknLateHuh

Some brainiac in IE didn't set the right dates for the Black Friday loads so trailers are appearing with no warning and others are missing.

With all the stupid crap IE comes up with for numbers you think they could do the math on how much money they'd save putting and 18.75 an hour seasonal feeder driver on road as opposed to having idle preloads

It's because UPS hired seasonal IE guys. o_O

Rack em

Made the Podium
Had a driver in my center dispatched with over 300 stops today. Returned to the building around 1:00, threw the diad on the supervisors desk, quit and walked out.
Pfffffft 300 is doable, he needed to sack up and do his best. But it's good to get the weak ones out before peak is in full swing.

Ghost in the Darkness

I finished a little before they sent a message for everyone to come back a sheet whatever was left as missed. They took my helper that I had and trained last week and gave him to another driver. So that ticked me off, the new greenhorn is much slower and thus I'm gonna be making more money. Tomorrow is going to be an epic disaster.

By The Book

I finished a little before they sent a message for everyone to come back a sheet whatever was left as missed. They took my helper that I had and trained last week and gave him to another driver. So that ticked me off, the new greenhorn is much slower and thus I'm gonna be making more money. Tomorrow is going to be an epic disaster.
That's on them, they give you a slower helper, you go slower because of it. Didn't you mention your route had bacon on top? Let them come get stops as well.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We left the building an hour and a half after start time, we were told to run air in trace. We had 4000 Left In Building on Monday. Preloader still loads golf cart route on my shelves with the rest of my load, I get a lot of OT at the end of my route because of this. I'm on my second helper, I had to find an old guy that knows how to work. Golfcart Helper pulled a no-show today. Chance of rain, I guess he didn't want to risk getting wet. And tomorrow is Wednesday, sure to be another well-planned and executed day.

DSM515

They should've run ground here on Saturday. Instead it was just an air day for whichever drivers did come in. Sunrise hub came in to process closed business volume from Wednesday and Friday. On Sunday, Noonday, Twilight, and Midnight ran...That didn't didn't go too well. Advanced volume + Closed volume + regular volume = disaster. Things could have run a lot smoother if drivers were out delivering ground on Saturday.
Things could have run a lot smoother if UPS actually cared about its customers and not Wall Street.

542thruNthru

Here we had shuttles bringing 6 thru 8000 shelves to drivers at 8pm. 3 whole shelves at 8pm to multiple drivers. I can't help but feel our management team just forgot the stuff was sitting and than scrabbled to get it out there.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Things could have run a lot smoother if UPS actually cared about its customers and not Wall Street.

Things could run a lot soother if UPS actually cared about their employees AND the customer. If that were the case, then the numbers of Wall St would take care of themselves. A happy employee is a productive employee and one who would help grow the company.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's going like this so far:

hindenburg-disaster-o.gif

Just another normal year then.