Who can I contact?

sorrytogo

Hi everyone - I was recently discharged, and have decided not to fight it. However, I still have some vacation pay owed me. Asking the local folks when or how I will receive it has gotten me nowhere; does anyone have a corporate number I can call? Thanks -

Cementups

Box Monkey
If you were discharged, you lost the right to those days. My best friend was discharged a few years ago and the same thing happened to him. Sorry to hear about your discharge. good luck.

SWORDFISH

If you were discharged, you lost the right to those days. My best friend was discharged a few years ago and the same thing happened to him. Sorry to hear about your discharge. good luck.

Are you kidding? You have to be. I wonder if it matter what area you are in to what the rule is on this one. Sorrytogo, They should be cutting you a check for the all the time that you have earned.

klein

Für Meno :)
You should get a check and your pinkslip mailed to you. Mine took a whole 7 weeks . Normally, it should be issued within the 5 business days.. 2 weeks for your mailbox, max.

OH nay nay, those days are already earned and they have to pay them, Federal Law...
Sorrytogo, any vacation time is still owed to you for the current year, option days are not. If you don't get an answer from UPS soon, contact the National Labor Relations Board.

There is a good chance the check has been issued and is setting in the Center Managers office. When I retired my vaca pay was in the office for about 6 weeks, no one bothered to notify me they were there. I had to go through the union to even find out where they were.

705red

Browncafe Steward
OH nay nay, those days are already earned and they have to pay them, Federal Law...
Sorrytogo, any vacation time is still owed to you for the current year, option days are not. If you don't get an answer from UPS soon, contact the National Labor Relations Board.

There is a good chance the check has been issued and is setting in the Center Managers office. When I retired my vaca pay was in the office for about 6 weeks, no one bothered to notify me they were there. I had to go through the union to even find out where they were.

Trp nailed it on the head! You get your vacation days, but not your optional days.

Cementups

Box Monkey
TRP, hey I'm just telling you what happened to my buddy. He also gave up to easy when he was discharged. I thought he should have got paid for those days too since they were earned the previous year, but they told him no and he just rolled with the punches.

JonFrum

ARTICLE 23. SEPARATION OF EMPLOYMENT
Upon discharge, the Employer shall pay all money due to the employee during the first (1st) payroll department working day. Upon quitting, the Employer shall pay all money due to the employee on the payday in the week following such quitting.

Note that the burden is on the Employer.

Check your Supplement as well. In New England we are entitled to be paid for Vacations and Sick Days, but apparently not Personal Days.

TRP, hey I'm just telling you what happened to my buddy. He also gave up to easy when he was discharged. I thought he should have got paid for those days too since they were earned the previous year, but they told him no and he just rolled with the punches.
Your buddy got screwed and he bent over to hold on to his ankles. The very first thing every employee at UPS (and probably any other large company) needs to learn is that management will tell you anything to get what they want. I'm not saying all management is dishonest, but there sure is enough dishonest managers that not trusting just their words is a good personal policy.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Cement, why don't you get in touch with your friend and tell them what you just learned. Sounds like UPS owes em that pay with interest, now. There's no time limit on avenging dishonesty, no matter what the friend was discharged for.

RoyalFlush

One of Them
If you are certain you don't want to fight the discharge, contact your supervisor or manager and make sure they put a separation into GEMS. Once this is complete, all time owed will be paid off and mailed to your home address. The delay occurs when a separation is not submitted. This usually happens when the termination is being disputed or if the management team neglects to put in the separation. You can call 800 UPS 1508 to find out your employment and benefit status.

tfinnegan

happy exupser
The check is sitting in the Center Managers desk just as if the employee was going to walk in and pick it up like any other pay day!