Who should a spouse contact at UPS when a retiree dies?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by cheryl, Jan 3, 2012.

  1. cheryl

    cheryl I started this. Staff Member

    The husband of a UPS retiree contacted me this morning looking for contact information that I don't have.

    His wife retired from UPS, and has now passed away. Does anyone have any info about who he should contact and what he needs to do as far as notifying UPS?
  2. Johney

    Johney Well-Known Member

    If we know where she worked someone here may be able to pm you a local #. Just a thought. If not maybe call the 1-800 # and see if they can notify the center she worked in. I assume this is strictly to notify her co-workers and doesn't have to do with her retirement payments?
  3. toonertoo

    toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

    I would call the 1800 number and have them put her through to HR in her area.
  4. cheryl

    cheryl I started this. Staff Member

    I don't know his exact situation but the 800 number is a good idea in any case. I'll suggest that he try that.

  5. grgrcr88

    grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

    He will need to contact the local Union and most likely the plan administrator. That number should be available thru the local Union.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  6. johnoutdoors

    johnoutdoors Member

    Maybe too obvious, and I may delete the contact as I walk out the door my last day, but has he checked her cell phone?
  7. Anonymous 10

    Anonymous 10 Guest

    404 828 6000 corporate #
  8. cosmo1

    cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it.

    Cheryl, you never specified if she was hourly or management.
  9. rocket man

    rocket man Well-Known Member

    ups dose not need to no. the union might though
  10. cheryl

    cheryl I started this. Staff Member

    I don't have much info about this. The email I received was from a fellow that said that his wife had retired from UPS and had died on Christmas day. All he asked who to contact at UPS to notify them of her death. I don't know any more than that.

    I felt really bad for the guy. Expressed my condolences and suggested that he contact the 800# and have them transfer him to the local human resources dept so they could help him determine what else he needed to do.

    Since I never heard back from him I assume that he was able to find the info he was looking for through them.

    Thank you for your suggestions. If I hear back from him I'll send him a link to this thread.
  11. Johney

    Johney Well-Known Member

    There's a good chance that if he contacted you he may be reading post's here.