Who will join the Sean O Slate in 2021?

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
He doesn't understand much. The California sun has cooked his brain. Well, that and too much KPaffAide
Until anyone can prove anything else we have a three horse race four years to early. Wake me up in 3 and a half years. Remember how the last three horse race shook out. I still say Hogfa steps down before his term is up.

Peak Cardboard

Until anyone can prove anything else we have a three horse race four years to early. Wake me up in 3 and a half years. Remember how the last three horse race shook out. I still say Hogfa steps down before his term is up.
I'd love Hoffa to step down right now and Hall put Sean back in the Package slot. But I'd also love to win the lottery. And I doubt we have a 3 horse race right now. Because we don't have ANY race right now. If you read the front page, it says "weighing" not running

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If Fred Z teams up with Sean O Teamsters United fractures. TDU will not support the Boston Bully. This would be detrimental to the TU cause. The Boston Bully is not a reformer. The Boston Bully is exactly like the Hoffa, Ken H, Rome A and John C.
Maybe it's time for TDU to butt out! You don't need to be a "reformer", we need someone to do a good job and get us what we deserve!

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sound good?
I'd love Hoffa to step down right now and hall put Sean back in the Package slot. But I'd also love to win the lottery. And I doubt we have a 3 horse race right now. Because we don't have ANY race right now. If you read the front page, it says "weighing" not running
It was a pun. It's four years away. So much can change in four years. It's like four lifetimes in teamster years.

If Sean can swing local251 votes his way he is a winner. Look at the last election and see the anti Hoffa votes from 251. Expect Matt Taibi to be offered a seat on his team. Look at it politically not emotionally.

Gimme Danger

If Sean can swing local251 votes his way he is a winner. Look at the last election and see the anti Hoffa votes from 251. Expect MT to be offered a seat on his team. Look at it politically not emotionally.
Do you really think MT would break with TDU and TU, for SO?
Do you really think 8 months of friendly relations and simply doing what is right for members outweighs 3+ years of punishment? Does it outweigh previous support for backwards, do-nothing leadership in 251?
MT has been campaigning against H in 251 since 2001. SO ran with H twice.

Do you really think 8 months of friendly relations and simply doing what is right for members outweighs 3+ years of punishment? Does it outweigh previous support for backwards, do-nothing leadership in 251?

Obviously you're emotionally charged. We at 251 are finding out that MT is not as bright as he has led on, but politically he should do it. MT has used social media well in building himself up as a professor of Organized labor, but the reality is he is just the new Kardashian of organized labor

anHOURover

Obviously you're emotionally charged. We at 251 are finding out that MT is not as bright as he has led on, but politically he should do it. MT has used social media well in building himself up as a professor of Organized labor, but the reality is he is just the new Kardashian of organized labor
Interesting
What afroamerican ball player is he dating ?

wide load

I think you'll find a lot of disruption and change with TU. I also think that MT would align with SO. Why not? Or does MT have a hard time putting politics aside for the betterment of our union and local?

wide load

Do you not support our local leadership?

Gimme Danger

I think you'll find a lot of disruption and change with TU. I also think that MT would align with SO. Why not? Or does MT have a hard time putting politics aside for the betterment of our union and local?
Elections are when you align with those who agree with your political vision. In between is when you put politics aside for the betterment of union. There's a difference.

wide load

Elections are when you align with those who agree with your political vision. In between is when you put politics aside for the betterment of union. There's a difference.
But I've also heard with my own ears when MT said (in regard to speaking about SO) "We realized that we agree on a lot more than we disagree on." That spoke to me. And your comments are also valid. Campaigning for a political venture is brutal and makes inroads into the cause. That's why I choose to support my local leadership. I may not agree with every decision made. I may not agree that every elected official is capable. But, I'm on board with moving forward instead of dwelling on the past.

Owl

SO is only going to take votes from H not from TU or TDU.

TU AND TDU doesn't need SO to win.
Rats are abandoning a sinking ship that's all.!!

I think MR.10C is next!!

Gimme Danger

I have a degree in political science, but I definitely don't understand union politics. I'd love it if there were some primer in terms of which people support what, why, etc.
Teamster politics have a long history. There isn't really a cliff notes version.
Some notable books are, The Teamsters by Stephen Brill, The Devil's Pact, The Hoffa Wars by Dan Moldea. James B Jacob's book series on organized crime, corruption and unions is fascinating.