Who's being forced to work Mother's Day?!

HomeDelivery

ugh, we didn't get any temps in our building this saturday...

once again, last-minute orders for proflowers, sherries berries, harry david fruit, etc... bumped the package count to double our loads for the day

i was on-duty for more than 14 hours, but as you already know, since we don't get paid by the hour, i put my on-duty time 30 min before i was actually on-the-road. 5 unpaid hours of waiting for the sort to be done, so i'm not counting those... yea i know it's not right

clocked out at 2350, but my dead-head time to the barn was 0130 on Sun! many others were bringing back DNAs

now, they have the option of working today or just say ""eff you" to the management/contractors for not calling in the temps & getting some rentals to help service these perishables

be happy at express that you're paid by the hour & is it time 1/2 or double pay today?

PS: i'm turning my cellphone off now

DontThrowPackages

If you work Sunday, volunteer for following Saturday. It's double time.
But you must mind your working hours. This company has put the responsibility on the employee for keeping track of hours worked during the week and break violations. Manager "may" know you'll be in violation but because of they dyer need of manpower, you might not be told you're going to go over hours until the work has been covered. You see if they tell you, "hey I can't let you work because you'll be in violation." that means they'll have no one to to cover. But if they let you out and get the job done they can wait to Monday to tell you about your OLCc

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Plenty of Saturday people I'm sure got screwed. Not enough help to begin with, then the managers can't let people with 60 hours already for the week work Saturday. Guess who gets stuck delivering their freight?

Such a wonderful system. The managers will also be shorthanded this coming Saturday too since half their crew is working today.

CJinx

What a wild day Saturday was. My switchboard was constantly lit up from drivers on the road and with various gift companies on hold. We knocked it out of the park though.

!Retired!

I'm painting my deck. That's work.
Staining?
I planned on trying the new Behr stuff from Home Depot called DeckOver. Behr's website has it listed as a stain, but Home Depot lists it as a paint (looks more like a paint to me). But, we got snow. Guess it'll wait till Memorial Day weekend.

P.S. - I volunteer Saturdays regularly. So, I worked Sat, not Sun. I started at 9:01, 32 stops, punched out 1:59...no break. Easiest Mothers Day in years for me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I planned on trying the new Behr stuff from Home Depot called DeckOver. Behr's website has it listed as a stain, but Home Depot lists it as a paint (looks more like a paint to me). But, we got snow. Guess it'll wait till Memorial Day weekend.

Same stuff, but Olympic Restore. Seems to work really well.

You might want to plan on more than a weekend. Between using their cleaner (pressure washing is a no-no), letting it dry, getting two coats down (between storms) and letting the finish cure for a couple days, a week is more realistic.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I didn't realize that. I just checked the prices and Deck Over is comparable to regular deck stain. Wouldn't it just make more sense to use Deck Over the first time?

If it had been available 25 years ago when I built my deck, I would have used it.

I replaced most of the boards around my pool and some on the main deck that were bad. Too cheap to replace the whole floor.

!Retired!

be happy at express that you're paid by the hour & is it time 1/2 or double pay today?
5/8 couriers...,6th day is OT, 7th day is DT
4/10 couriers...5th day is OT, 6th day is DT
I didn't realize that. I just checked the prices and Deck Over is comparable to regular deck stain. Wouldn't it just make more sense to use Deck Over the first time?
It wasn't released until early last year.

rod

Retired 22 years
Decks are a pain in the butt-----I told my neighbor that the next time he sees me working on my deck it will be with a chainsaw cutting the damn thing off the house. I don't care what you use to refinish it---in 2 or three years you will have to do it again.