who's going to vote hoffa out

who with me in dumping hoffa

• Total voters

bigblu 2 you

Anyone can say anything after the fact! What did he say when it was happening? Absolutely nothing!
according to his words while going to talk with ken and jim jr,he had to wade thru ups top dogs in the hallway.he warned them of the dangers of the move...just sayin.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Anybody who wants to blame Hoffa for the shortcomings in our current labor agreement is overlooking the fact that we the collective membership ratified that agreement by a majority vote.

We can only get what we are willing to go out on strike for. UPS knows this, Hoffa knows this, Hall knows this, and whoever winds up leading the IBT in the future knows this. It is a cop-out to blame the president of the IBT, whoever that person happens to be, for the flaws in an agreement that we voted to ratify.

804brown

Anybody who wants to blame Hoffa for the shortcomings in our current labor agreement is overlooking the fact that we the collective membership ratified that agreement by a majority vote.

We can only get what we are willing to go out on strike for. UPS knows this, Hoffa knows this, Hall knows this, and whoever winds up leading the IBT in the future knows this. It is a cop-out to blame the president of the IBT, whoever that person happens to be, for the flaws in an agreement that we voted to ratify.

We in Local 804 were one of several locals that shot down our local supplements and held up ratification. We pushed to make it better. The contract passed only because local union officials, of the ball-less type, sold it to the members and a huge PR campaign with our dues money. You're damned right I blame Hoffa. We expected bold leadership and we received subservience to UPS proposals. That is not leadership!! They say: "Isnt it great we got this great deal before the huge recession", as though they saw it coming and had the forsight. LOL!! We all been fooled twice by this fool. We wont be fooled again!! Remember elect Sandy and we still get Hall.

2011 is the new year of Hope
We'll get our new ballots and vote Sandy Pope

It truly will mean that Hoffa will fall
But for those still wary we'll still have hall

bigblu 2 you

my issues are not so much the contract but the lack of enforcement.9.5 ,22.3,production harrasement,discipline by use of electronic technology,subcontracting{basic}.etc.

hall own backyard out east at the beach had nearly 450 cases backlogged to hear and people still praise him? How many of those cases did they hear when it was all done and over with? Word was all those red wearing convention vest guys were alittle put out at the man they rolled out the red carpet for in Vegas. Sure is funny how in just a few weeks the choir is singing a different tune.

Gegare said it loud and clear in the video, listen again. Can anyone smell change in the air?

hall own backyard out east at the beach had nearly 450 cases backlogged to hear and people still praise him? How many of those cases did they hear when it was all done and over with? Word was all those red wearing convention vest guys were alittle put out at the man they rolled out the red carpet for in Vegas. Sure is funny how in just a few weeks the choir is singing a different tune.Gegare said it loud and clear in the video, listen again. Can anyone smell change in the air?
oh yea then why didn't Pope and Gegare run on the same ticket?? If change was in the air wouldn't they have been run together??????

jalnar

If anyone votes for Hoffa a clear message is being sent to the company .The message is everything is ok and no change is needed. Unless your nose is up managements ass you are working and being treated like trash. We need change ASAP go SANDY POPE

bigblu 2 you

oh yea then why didn't Pope and Gegare run on the same ticket?? If change was in the air wouldn't they have been run together??????
i thought the same thing.maybe a three way split benefits pope&gregare,who knows in politics? gregare will be at our local this weekend,i will ask him if given the opportunity.

steward71

Hoffa hoffa he is our man if he can't friend* US someone can. Ourselves. We keep voting the ring worm into office. Good Luck with getting the "Name" out of office.

krash

Go big orange
I am no fan of the choices in this election. I feel I'm having to vote for the lesser of 3 evils. But if we vote Hoffa back in, then he will believe every one is happy with there representation. And we ain't. So I will cast my vote for another this time. Things appear to be ugly all over. Some one needs to take a stand against big brown. Let's hope who ever wins does.

steward71

I am no fan of the choices in this election. I feel I'm having to vote for the lesser of 3 evils. But if we vote Hoffa back in, then he will believe every one is happy with there representation. And we ain't. So I will cast my vote for another this time. Things appear to be ugly all over. Some one needs to take a stand against big brown. Let's hope who ever wins does.

Not someone, but everyone. That is the problem one person will not get it done. We all have a shared view in this and we need to stand behind that one person. Managers at UPS like to place fear in the workers about everything and these workers are fearful. Well I now for a fact that if a strong person does stand the ground and show it can be done them more will follow. I did stand my ground when my BA had our backs and then I came outside one day after the new manger took it out to the floor and then everyone did see what I had to deal with for them everyday. That day every employee from my shift was waiting on me. They told me they felt bad for the crap I had to do to get something done. They did file in groups everyday and made calls to. But, that was then and this now, our BA many think is in bed with UPS. Funny thing is UPS managers have his cell phone number but he will not give it to the very same people he Reps. He says people will be calling him after hours. Well words of wisdom to you Big Shot cut the friend*ing thing off at some point and have your down. You took the job now do it. I would support you again if you stand by the employees. But that is never going to happen. At the last meeting I did go to about the full time pension your words to the fulltime employee's about the issue of the underfunding was "well it does not matter to me and ***** ***** anymore because we have out time in." I know you read this, and by the way return mine and others Phone calls.

Dynomite

Color me ignorant, but I'm just a PT who hasn't been with the company that long. When is the election? I want to start getting more involved with the union.

hembone

Color me ignorant, but I'm just a PT who hasn't been with the company that long. When is the election? I want to start getting more involved with the union.
If you are not a member join and attend a few union meetings each year. It's amazing what you will learn.

Dynomite

I'm a member until recently I was one of the part time employees that didn't care. I'm starting to see the BS by management at UPS, and I would like to somehow do something about it. I try and rally up others to get more involved with the union, but they just don't care enough. Most PTers just assume they wont be with the company long enough to care.

hembone

I'm a member until recently I was one of the part time employees that didn't care. I'm starting to see the BS by management at UPS, and I would like to somehow do something about it. I try and rally up others to get more involved with the union, but they just don't care enough. Most PTers just assume they wont be with the company long enough to care.
I know where you're coming from, was there a long time myself (although many years ago). Don't feel to bad there are probally as many full-timers that are the same way. They just don't care.
But get involved, I wish I had many years earlier. I'm speaking from experience, it will make your job a lot easier and probally a lot of your coworkers will start to come to you for leadership. You sound like you have a fairly bright future at UPS, and a FAIRLY bright future at that place is way above average.

steward71

I know where you're coming from, was there a long time myself (although many years ago). Don't feel to bad there are probally as many full-timers that are the same way. They just don't care.
But get involved, I wish I had many years earlier. I'm speaking from experience, it will make your job a lot easier and probally a lot of your coworkers will start to come to you for leadership. You sound like you have a fairly bright future at UPS, and a FAIRLY bright future at that place is way above average.

good go get them, I did for over 15 years and now in my area the union (I hate to say it, but it sucks). will to stand up for anyone who is right. Our BA does the side deals anymore and he has lost the support of the whole area. we now have a steward who used to be a supervisor. he has his little super sups that he hangs with. if you even take a grievance to the slug and if he likes you then he will process it. he has refused many of the them from people, BA was told about it and nothing but got him deep with the BA. we even one day found two grievances in the trash can. we tried to give the grievances to a full time feeder steward who is in the BA but he would not even hear what we had to say. Guess who the steward was that processed the grievances that were found in the trash. well behind door number 3 is no other then Super Sup Shop Steward. every time we hear his name we yell "look up into the sky, with his pen in hand he is mean MF he is a jungle man, no but wait Sh** it is only Super Sup Shop Steward." that made me feel better, my funny of the day.

Dynomite

Their are guys on my dock who have been there for almost two years and they didn't even know you could file grievances. I remember one time I had 4 guys in my trailer while I was loading and I was educating them on filing grievances, it was funny. One guy had only been with the company for about a year. While we were loading during peak season a :censored2:bag sup comes in and tells us to go faster. We were both probably around 400 pph. The guy next to me is kind of a wise guy sometimes but he tells the sup "I'm sorry (insert :censored2: sup name here) I'm going as fast as I can." The sup then says, "Stop being a little bitch and go faster." I was so shocked I just stopped loading and was staring at the sup for 5 minutes mouth wide open. When the sup left I was telling the guy to file, and he didn't want to piss the full time sup off so he wouldn't file. He never did, and nothing ever happened from it. You can file for something like that right? I would consider that harassment.

steward71

Their are guys on my dock who have been there for almost two years and they didn't even know you could file grievances. I remember one time I had 4 guys in my trailer while I was loading and I was educating them on filing grievances, it was funny. One guy had only been with the company for about a year. While we were loading during peak season a :censored2:bag sup comes in and tells us to go faster. We were both probably around 400 pph. The guy next to me is kind of a wise guy sometimes but he tells the sup "I'm sorry (insert :censored2: sup name here) I'm going as fast as I can." The sup then says, "Stop being a little bitch and go faster." I was so shocked I just stopped loading and was staring at the sup for 5 minutes mouth wide open. When the sup left I was telling the guy to file, and he didn't want to piss the full time sup off so he wouldn't file. He never did, and nothing ever happened from it. You can file for something like that right? I would consider that harassment.

sure can file.