Why adding delivery drivers to your holiday shopping list is a sweet idea: 'You feel appreciated and loved'

rod

Retired 22 years
If you are setting at a bar and the bartender is also the owner do you tip him (or her) to? I don't normally. (maybe if he was a little looser with his free drink chips I would think about it).

oldngray

nowhere special
If you are setting at a bar and the bartender is also the owner do you tip him (or her) to? I don't normally. (maybe if he was a little looser with his free drink chips I would think about it).
Good question. I tip the employees but not the owner.

rod

Retired 22 years
The poorer people are usually the bigger givers. Not the rich ones who can more easily afford it.
Every year before Covid I sold VFW Buddy Poppies in front of Walmart for a couple of days. I agree with you- poorer people are more willing to donated. Our Walmart has 2 entrances on the front of the building. They are separated by probably 200 feet of parking lot. You would be surprised how many people would walk up-see someone selling Poppies at the door and detour all the way across the front of the building to the other door to avoid them. Cheap ass bastards

oldngray

nowhere special
Every year before Covid I sold VFW Buddy Poppies in front of Walmart for a couple of days. I agree with you- poorer people are more willing to donated. Our Walmart has 2 entrances on the front of the building. They are separated by probably 200 feet of parking lot. You would be surprised how many people would walk up-see someone selling Poppies at the door and detour all the way across the front of the building to the other door to avoid them. Cheap ass bastards
My Walmart just has the beggars that drive home in nice cars after they make enough.

rod

Retired 22 years
My Walmart just has the beggars that drive home in nice cars after they make enough.
They don't last long here. Law enforcement runs them out of town. We have anti pan handling laws. It's been proven that damn near 100% of beggers who use the Homeless Veteran signs were never in the service. FFFF ' em. My brother-in -law likes to offer to give them a ride to the local Veterans Service Office to get them some help --- they ALWAYS refuse.

wilberforce15

In this day and age they must live under a rock if they don't know UPS drivers are paid well.
Perhaps, but then it's a whole lot of people living under a rock.

Everybody knows it's good. I've never met somebody outside the company who knew 80-110k was common. Everyone I've mentioned it to has been very surprised.

rod

Retired 22 years
Perhaps, but then it's a whole lot of people living under a rock.

Everybody knows it's good. I've never met somebody outside the company who knew 80-110k was common. Everyone I've mentioned it to has been very surprised.
I suppose. I always cashed my check at a little bank in the small town I delivered to. I'm sure the word was out (from the tellers) how much I got every week.

wilberforce15

I suppose. I always cashed my check at a little bank in the small town I delivered to. I'm sure the word was out (from the tellers) how much I got every week.
It's part of why I laugh at the notion of the public supporting any strike we might have. Everybody I've told comes up for air, laughs, and then doesn't believe me when I say 40/hr with lots of overtime.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They don't last long here. Law enforcement runs them out of town. We have anti pan handling laws. It's been proven that damn near 100% of beggers who use the Homeless Veteran signs were never in the service. FFFF ' em. My brother-in -law likes to offer to give them a ride to the local Veterans Service Office to get them some help --- they ALWAYS refuse.
I never give money to beggars, especially the ones saying they’re veterans, they’re lying.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
The poorer people are usually the bigger givers. Not the rich ones who can more easily afford it.
I've had both ends of the spectrum tip me but the one that really stands out was last year when I delivered to a dilapidated house; garbage strewn everywhere and the stench was incredible. I made the delivery, got back in my truck and started driving away when I noticed a little girl in my rearview who had come from the house flagging me down. "My dad wanted me to give you this." I smiled and thanked her, opened it up and there was $20 inside. I felt sad because they could've used it more than me.

All this to say that as I was thinking about it later, I think religion plays a role sometimes.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've had both ends of the spectrum tip me but the one that really stands out was last year when I delivered to a dilapidated house; garbage strewn everywhere and the stench was incredible. I made the delivery, got back in my truck and started driving away when I noticed a little girl in my rearview who had come from the house flagging me down. "My dad wanted me to give you this." I smiled and thanked her, opened it up and there was $20 inside. I felt sad because they could've used it more than me.

All this to say that as I was thinking about it later, I think religion plays a role sometimes.
What can you even say to something like that? Touching.

oldngray

nowhere special

I delivered to a retirement village that was mostly where people with no families went to die. Even though they had almost nothing it made them feel good to give gifts to the few people they saw.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Honestly any tips the 22.4s get should be given to the RPCDs
🧔✊
RequiredSmoothDorado-max-1mb.gif

THE 224 Mafia disagrees