why america has terrorism

Packmule

If it were any other people I would see your point. But in this particular part of the world you have two problems. One, the vast majority of atrocities commited against Muslem people is committed by Muslem people and it would be a far greater crime for the rest of the world to leave them to the slaughter.
Secondly, the radical element of Islam places no value on this life. For them to die means leaving a world of squalor behind and entering into a ten virgin kingdom. Especially if they are killed by us infidels.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If it were any other people I would see your point. But in this particular part of the world you have two problems. One, the vast majority of atrocities commited against Muslem people is committed by Muslem people and it would be a far greater crime for the rest of the world to leave them to the slaughter.
Secondly, the radical element of Islam places no value on this life. For them to die means leaving a world of squalor behind and entering into a ten virgin kingdom. Especially if they are killed by us infidels.
I like your second point, and I would use it as one of many reasons why we should not be in the middle east at all.

Packmule

It was you who challenged me, I believe, to look up Operation Cyclone. It was there that I had it reenforced how much everyday Afghans really hated the likes of Bin Laden. Their reasons were purely due to the way Arab Afghans, like Bin Laden, looked down their noses at the indegeous Afghans because they considered their less radical Muslem practices inferior.
I am convinced that the vast majority of average Muslem people would make a great global neighbor if they could just be free of the radical elements that always seem to rule over them.
My first point is as valid as my second.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It was you who challenged me, I believe, to look up Operation Cyclone. It was there that I had it reenforced how much everyday Afghans really hated the likes of Bin Laden. Their reasons were purely due to the way Arab Afghans, like Bin Laden, looked down their noses at the indegeous Afghans because they considered their less radical Muslem practices inferior.
I am convinced that the vast majority of average Muslem people would make a great global neighbor if they could just be free of the radical elements that always seem to rule over them.
Nope, it wasn't me.
My problem with your first point is that it is a round about way of justifying being team america world police.
We do not have a responsibility to protect middle easterners or anyone else around the world, we have a responsibility to American citizens. Our involvement in the middle east makes us less secure as a country, financially and in terms of the safety of our citizens.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It was you who challenged me, I believe, to look up Operation Cyclone. It was there that I had it reenforced how much everyday Afghans really hated the likes of Bin Laden. Their reasons were purely due to the way Arab Afghans, like Bin Laden, looked down their noses at the indigenous Afghans because they considered their less radical Muslem practices inferior.
I am convinced that the vast majority of average Muslim people would make a great global neighbor if they could just be free of the radical elements that always seem to rule over them.
I grew up overseas and lived in Afghanistan for 5 years back in the early 70's prior to the Russians invading which was the beginning of the end for the common people there. Also spent time in Pakistan and India among other places. One thing I learned is that people are people and the average afghan (or whoever) really just wants the same thing as the average american, ie, a decent life for himself and his family. In the midst of all that's going on in the world right now I think it's important to remember that.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I think it's time to ignore this rickyb character. Leave him to yap with the TROLL PATROL. He just doesn't seem to have any common sense.
The sad thing is though I don't think he is a troll. I detect too much sincerity in his posting habits.

Packmule

Nope, it wasn't me.
My problem with your first point is that it is a round about way of justifying being team america world police.
We do not have a responsibility to protect middle easterners or anyone else around the world, we have a responsibility to American citizens. Our involvement in the middle east makes us less secure as a country, financially and in terms of the safety of our citizens.
You're right. It wasn't you. Sorry. Anyway, I actually see your point here to a point. It is not just our job to be the world's police. That's why they created the UN,to rally civilized nations together so as to avoid wars and overwhelmingly put down seriously dangerous people or groups who pose a threat to everyone.
But since the UN has become such a joke these days, I agree we shouldn't be out there alone.
Doesn't change the fact however, that radical Islam is driven by religious extremism, and cannot be appeased. And it's just too small of a world to think it's going to leave "the superpower" alone.

wkmac

Nope, it wasn't me.

You're right. It wasn't you. Sorry. Anyway, I actually see your point here to a point. It is not just our job to be the world's police. That's why they created the UN,to rally civilized nations together so as to avoid wars and overwhelmingly put down seriously dangerous people or groups who pose a threat to everyone.
But since the UN has become such a joke these days, I agree we shouldn't be out there alone.
Doesn't change the fact however, that radical Islam is driven by religious extremism, and cannot be appeased. And it's just too small of a world to think it's going to leave "the superpower" alone.

From the President Obama thread: Some odd reason I just remembered the exchange but took a few minutes to find the thread and posts.

This is the commonly perpetuated myth liberal thinkers like to claim. Takes about twenty minutes of research to see both, how it got started, and why they know it's not true. When even Bin Laden himself, in 1993, told British interviewer "we never saw any help from the americans" the myth starts to fall apart. And that's just a tiny piece of the overwhelming evidence that blows this myth apart.

Psst... look up OPERATION CYCLONE.. and then rethink what you wrote and your position.

TOS.

No one ever said the US wasn't involved in funneling arms and such to the Mujahideen through Pakistan. What the CIA didn't do was fund or arm the Arab Afghans like Bin laden. In fact, the Mujahideen hated the likes of Bin Laden because they were haughty and acted like kings. Even though both elements shared the same agenda, pushing the soviets back out of Afghanistan, there was often blood spilled between them.
As far as the CIA was concerned, we didn't need the Arab afghans when there were hundreds of thousands of Mujahideen eager to enter the fight. As for Bin Laden, he didn't need our help. He had his own money.
In the long run there are two facts that never go away. One being that the greatest atrocities ever committed against Muslem people are committed BY Muslem people. Number two is number one leaves the rest of the world a choice. We can either look away (as we were trying to do with Europe in WWII) or we can try to intervene on behalf of persecuted peoples. Intervention also leaves us a choice. Direct confrontation via military action, as we did when Iraq invaded Kuwait, or by trying to arm an insurgency in the hopes that they can librate themselves. The latter rarely works out well as you generally end up with just another dictator committing just as many atrocities. Only now they have our sticky fingerprints all over them.
Bush's efforts to exact a "regime change" came with the plan to keep troops and order in place until a representative government could be formed and a well trained military could take over the daunting task of keeping radical elements from overrunning things again. Iraq was taking longer than we would have liked, but it was on the right path.
Now, because we pulled out in spite of everything the generals on the ground said would happen, Iraq has become a total bloodbath and stronghold for the worst terrorist organizations yet.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
it wasnt about "free speech" the terrorists are sick of being bombed by our governments. plus france has alot of anti muslim racism.
If France is so Anti-Muslim racist, why do so many end up there? I find it ironic so many Muslims wind up in a certain country if it supposedly offends their sensibilities so much. The reason?: (if there is any substance to the premise) Despite all that, it is STILL preferable to their own miserable :censored2:hole country.

Last edited:

rickyb

If France is so Anti-Muslim racist, why do so many end up there? I find it ironic so many Muslims wind up in a certain country if it supposedly offends their sensibilities so much. The reason?: (if there is any substance to the premise) Despite all that, it is STILL preferable to their own miserable :censored2:hole country.

probably for the reason you just said. i mean america was terribly racist to blacks but they still ended up there...

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I vote Rickyb off the island.... Ur unamerican rambling is ubsurd and retarded, with all due respect, all the people that are sympathetic to terrorists and say stuff like America is the worlds police and other liberal BS, all these people would be the first to be decapitated by these terrorist organizations, they'd be the first to be executed if radical Islamists ran the world....these groups want the world to be Islamic and have no humane feelings towards anyone other than Muslims, not all Muslims are bad obviously but radical Islamists ARE and I say anyone that thinks the hippie "peace man" attitude of diplomacy will work with terrorists are dead wrong, the only way to solve terrorism for not just America but the world is to bomb them back to the Stone Age.....and God bless America and any other nation that fights these burnt toast bastards..... Rickyb if u or anyone else think ur mentality is right, well than g over there to Syria and see if the terrorists are sympathetic to u....we will be seeing your head on a stick on Al Jazeera

rickyb

I vote Rickyb off the island.... Ur unamerican rambling is ubsurd and retarded, with all due respect, all the people that are sympathetic to terrorists and say stuff like America is the worlds police and other liberal BS, all these people would be the first to be decapitated by these terrorist organizations, they'd be the first to be executed if radical Islamists ran the world....these groups want the world to be Islamic and have no humane feelings towards anyone other than Muslims, not all Muslims are bad obviously but radical Islamists ARE and I say anyone that thinks the hippie "peace man" attitude of diplomacy will work with terrorists are dead wrong, the only way to solve terrorism for not just America but the world is to bomb them back to the Stone Age.....and God bless America and any other nation that fights these burnt toast bastards..... Rickyb if u or anyone else think ur mentality is right, well than g over there to Syria and see if the terrorists are sympathetic to u....we will be seeing your head on a stick on Al Jazeera

i get my information from americans. and they are probably more "american" than you considering they take the time to research whats wrong with thier country, educate and take action including spending time in jail. thats sacrfiice and i would say that sacrifice resembles the best of religion.

http://www.alternet.org/noam-chomsky-america-worlds-leading-1-terrorist-state

look at how much america spends on its military (roughly larger than the next 20 countries combined) and how many bases does it have in other countries. do you think that if another country invaded your country, set up base on your land (especially if it is religious land), murdered your people, and set up a dictatorship, that you would be seeking revenge like the terrorists?

ch317273

and beetlejuice votes you off too
image.jpg

ch317273

and for the record i spent 2 years in the korengal valley in afgahnistan as a recon marine, spent loads of time with the locals over there, many of them good people, but terrorists are pure evil pal, not just to america but to the whole world, even canada, hard to believe i know, but true

rickyb

and for the record i spent 2 years in the korengal valley in afgahnistan as a recon marine, spent loads of time with the locals over there, many of them good people, but terrorists are pure evil pal, not just to america but to the whole world, even canada, hard to believe i know, but true

glad u made it back in 1 piece. why do you think terrorists are angry?