Why America Will Collaspe?

island1fox

I do not have a complex! It really is all about me! Just who do you really think are the "fiscal conservatives"? It wasn't Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, 43, and we agree not President Obama. Conservatives have shown their stripes--just liberals with different spending prioitiess--unless their state has a special "nationally vital" project. For further happy thoughts might I suggest any number of opium based products? We'll ease you back into reality.:wink2:

bbsam,
My happy thoughts do not involve Repubs or Dems ---on another thread in current events -----My happy thought on throwing them all out is in much more detail.
P.S. now that we are about to legalize pot --pass me the munchies !!!:happy2:

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
My happy thoughts do not involve Repubs or Dems ---on another thread in current events -----My happy thought on throwing them all out is in much more detail.
P.S. now that we are about to legalize pot --pass me the munchies !!!:happy2:
Throw them all out to be replaced with what? Nice to see the subject of recreational chemicals brings out the :happy2:'s across the political spectrum.:happy2:

island1fox

:happy-very:Chris Matthews -MSNBC --Hardball --"Is it a crime that the Fort Hood shooter -a Major in the U.S. army was calling an AL Q member in Yemen " ???

Diesel and the other side --Did that statement also give you a warm feeling going down your leg ????????

klein

Für Meno :)
wkmac, interessting vid.
Wish it would have went further though, and explained what a lower dollar means.
It sunk by 25% in average towards all major currencies.
Ofcourse, sofar only oil, metals, and commodities have risen accordingly.
But, all other imports will follow suit soon.
From all the chinese goods, (Walmart prices), to medical equiptment from Germany, and Lumber and other goods from Canada.
Even the grocery supermarkets will raise prices from imported goods, such as coffee, tea, fruit and veggies, just to name a few.
All electronic goods from Asia, and so on.

Add to that, Interest Rates can only go higher from here on up, and I'm
basically, predicting double digit inflation rates in a year or 2.

They really need to fix the free-fall of the dollar, before it's too late.
Normally, it's an easy fix, by raising interest rates.
But, in this economic crises, it really can't be solved that way easily.
2nd option is to stop overspending, and start paying down the huge debt.
But, that takes longer then time allowed.

Wishing you all good luck !

P

pickup

wkmac, interessting vid.
Wish it would have went further though, and explained what a lower dollar means.
It sunk by 25% in average towards all major currencies.
Ofcourse, sofar only oil, metals, and commodities have risen accordingly.
But, all other imports will follow suit soon.
From all the chinese goods, (Walmart prices), to medical equiptment from Germany, and Lumber and other goods from Canada.
Even the grocery supermarkets will raise prices from imported goods, such as coffee, tea, fruit and veggies, just to name a few.
All electronic goods from Asia, and so on.

Add to that, Interest Rates can only go higher from here on up, and I'm
basically, predicting double digit inflation rates in a year or 2.

They really need to fix the free-fall of the dollar, before it's too late.
Normally, it's an easy fix, by raising interest rates.
But, in this economic crises, it really can't be solved that way easily.
2nd option is to stop overspending, and start paying down the huge debt.
But, that takes longer then time allowed.

Wishing you all good luck !

Keep some of that good luck for yourself Klein. A devalued dollar just means that it becomes more expensive for the u.s to buy goods from other countries and it becomes cheaper for those countries to buy goods from us. Our exports go up, and our imports go down. As one of the biggest if not biggest trading partners of the U.S. , how do you think that would affect Canada?

klein

Keep some of that good luck for yourself Klein. A devalued dollar just means that it becomes more expensive for the u.s to buy goods from other countries and it becomes cheaper for those countries to buy goods from us. Our exports go up, and our imports go down. As one of the biggest if not biggest trading partners of the U.S. , how do you think that would affect Canada?

From todays Nasdaq website:

11/11/2009 10:30:00 AM ET DJ30 PointChange: +85.32 Level: 10332.29 NASDAQ PointChange: +24.46 Level: 2175.54 SP500 PointChange: +11.06 Level: 1104.07 NASDAQ-Adv:1893 Dec: 533 NYSE-Adv:2227 Dec: 597

[BRIEFING.COM] With the dollar down to 52-week lows against a basket of major foreign currencies, commodities have been trading markedly higher all morning. Their gains have the CRB Commodity Index up 0.9%.
Gold has been a strong underpinning of the CRB's move. The yellow metal hit record highs above $1118 per ounce earlier this morning; it is currently up 1.3% to $1117 per ounce.
Silver is also trading higher. The precious metal was last quoted at $17.69 per ounce, up 2.7%.
Oil prices have also been faring well this morning. Crude prices were recently quoted 0.9% higher at $79.80 per barrel.
Natural gas prices have followed suit. Contracts are being priced 1.5% higher at $4.54 each.

As to your question.
We are your biggest trading partner.
It will effect the manufacturing sector, (mostly in eastern Canada), very much. Since our manufactured goods will become expensive for the US to purchase and probably uncompetitive.

Alberta, where I live however, will prosper, and have billion dollar surpluses, once again.
Due to the huge natural resources we have, esspecially oil and gas.
Goods entering into Canada, (which is a lot), will ofcourse become much cheaper for us.
From groceries, to clothing, even the Harley Davidson.
Which may lead to almost a deflation, if it wasn't for higher gas prices here.

It has it's good and bad sides. For manufacturing job creation or security, it's bad.
But, then again. Most of the robotics, and hightech manufacturing equipment does come from America, and it would be a good, cheap, time for our factories to modenize and automize, to be much more effecient.

For some industries that reley on US made equiptment (such as the trucking industry) they welcome a lower US buck.
Same as the NHL , where players are paid in US dollars.
(Our teams have a 25% less payroll, then a year ago).
And again, our Airline Industry. Air Canada just had thier 3rd quarter results out. They thank the lower US dollar mostly on thier huge 25% profit they made. (A lot of thier expenses are paid in US dollars).

For the average working Canadian a higher dollar for us, is like a taxbreak (goods become cheaper).
For the Canadian traveller or Retiree it's a Goldmine.
And I believe we can deversify enough, not to lose any more jobs.
It's not like the US is spending big bucks importing goods now in this recession, but you still need the imported necessities.

tieguy

Banned
Wake up and smell the coffee !
Pay your share !

This is typical of what you give us here.

You're not an american and yet you think you have some god given right to lecture americans on how they should live.

You're not an economist but yet you think you can educate us on taxes versus tax cuts.

What exactly is my fair share when I gave a government that is so out of touch with reality that they overspend for everything as highlighted by the forever famous 500 dollar toilet seat.

Who are you to tell us what we should and should not do when your life has been one of penned livestock. Your government tells you what you can and cannot have and how much you will pay for it. You being the simpleton you are you don't see anything wrong with such cradle to grave dependence.

Why not learn to stand up for yourself against your political leaders before you branch out to other countries?

klein

You're not an economist but yet you think you can educate us on taxes versus tax cuts.

What exactly is my fair share when I gave a government that is so out of touch with reality that they overspend for everything as highlighted by the forever famous 500 dollar toilet seat.

Who are you to tell us what we should and should not do when your life has been one of penned livestock. Your government tells you what you can and cannot have and how much you will pay for it. You being the simpleton you are you don't see anything wrong with such cradle to grave dependence.

Why not learn to stand up for yourself against your political leaders before you branch out to other countries?

I did go to economic school (secondary education), in Germany. But, yes, many , many years ago.
I was also a fulltime daytrader in the late 90's.

And, it really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, if you print more and more money, and have a dollar devaluation, thats it's only a matter of time for inflation to really kick in.
You should know that from the Reichsmark history.
Not, that it will go that far. But, high inflation is on it's way.

As far as your 2nd statement : What I can buy, and what it costs is goverment regulated.
You are far off.
Come up here and smoke a nice cuban cigar, or even some greenstuff, if you wish.

wkmac

Wife and I listened to this last night on NPR concering Private Equity Firms. I guess some would argue this is capitialism and it is but it's statist capitialism as the state is required to invoke priviledge in order to make the business actions cost effective and sustainable. Opposed to this is a non-state true free market where no such limited priviledge would ever exist so the business model is to risk exposed and therefore of lesser or any market presense at all. This type of business model could never exist or exist for long in a true free market.

http://www.npr.org/templates/player...n=1&t=1&islist=false&id=120391729&m=120458055