Why does everyone complain here?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's a packet with a stupid monthly safety topic, like "dog safety".

Oh, so it's part of the new WMM Program (Waste More Money). My guess is that the real reason is liability. That way, when FedEx goes to court to pay for you blowing through that stop sign and hitting the city bus, they can show how much "effort" they put into safety. Legal will pull whatever they can out of their ass to show that we're a "safe" operation, when the exact opposite is true. A jury would probably eat Safety in a Box up like candy, and Legal is counting on that. Crafty bastards.

franknitty

With all due respect. Why do ppl complain about other ppl complaining ? If you don't like what other ppl are saying just don't respond to it. ignore it. Its just that simple.

franknitty

How about some CASH in a box.

Fedex already gives its employees "Cash in a Box". Why do you think they allow you to punch in 5 minutes before your scheduled start time ? I its FREE MONEY, or another way of putting it, "Cash in a box" ! Merry Christmas Fedex Employee !

DorkHead

Been here awhile now. And I really have to know: Why do people complain so much here? Why so much trash talk on FedEx. I am a part time EO at the FedEx Express in Florida. I personally like my job. I enjoy going to work.

I just read a thread that read, and I quote :

" FedEx charity events make the company look good to the public at your expense. Give and volunteer, but don't do it in the name of FedEx. They will make you wear a dumb t-shirt and say wonderful things so you can go on Frontline and say how much FedEx cares about the downtrodden. They don't care. Just ask a Ground driver, the one that probably qualifies for food stamps, how much FedEx cares. Most managers attend these events with a gun to their heads anyway because they are ... "

What the hell is that? Qualify for food stamps? You can really be that upset about your career. Maybe you should quit your job (that you obviously hate so much), and get a new career. But before you decide to do that, and get a new job, make sure you are aware of the circumstances. Make sure you know that unemployment rate in the US. That alone, could help you appreciate your job a whole lot more. Make sure you are prepared to support your families medical needs, because not all jobs will offer that( actually, most will not).

I am not going to go into all of the pros and cons, I am just trying to get the point across that what you are doing really isn't that bad. Just remember, there is someone your age, with a higher education, bagging groceries and making minimum wage.

I mean, maybe its because I work at a great location, with great management, and a great team. I am not sure why I feel so much different about my job than 90 percent of people on these forums do.

Maybe someone could explain it to me?

This post sounds like something management would say. Did you ever think that quitting at this time might not be a option? So is it wrong for someone to do the next best thing which is COMPLAIN?? Oh yeah, in response to your remark "Just remember, there is someone your age, with a higher education, bagging groceries and making minimum wage." So what!! The people here are only asking to be compensated fairly for the hard work they are doing. So there is nothing wrong with people venting. Especially this time of year. Loosen up your tie, please?

franknitty

Any time I've ever heard of one of us CRRs getting a dog bite, FDX blames the CRR for "committing an un-safe act".

Management at my station demands that the CRR to write out a statement on a legal pad of paper explaining exactly what lead up to the events of the CRR being bit by a dog, a police report has to be filed, and chances are the CRR will be nailed with a Preventable on their annual review for fleeing from a dog.

HomeDelivery

I'm not complaining; i'm just giving my point of view about HD division of FedEx since it's not properly represented here...

that other site for fedexer's isn't that great since the common person that wants to lurk and google about this job is almost non-existent.

friend-examiner's site forces a person to log in or register before viewing the threads over there... which plain sucks purple ballz!

So far this peak season's been easy; plenty of help & most temps are getting done by the 8-hour allotment with a few going up to 9.5 hours (just due to distance from the terminal). Safety is being stressed every day at this hub & i'm not complaining that the work environment had greatly improved since last year~

I'm a lucky hourly-paid employee thanks to the management & warehouse workers who C.A.R.E. Sure, it seems that other terminals are run by goons & i feel sorry for you guys.

Nevertheless, have a SAFE peak season!:hangin:

SmithBarney

It's because complaining at work falls on deaf ears... at least here someone will listen.. ;)

"does my manager listen to my concerns" sure he listens but does he DO ANYTHING about them? Silly DOUBLE SPEAK.
"does a tree falling in the woods make a sound" SURE but nobody hears it...

xfdxgroundmgmt

Fedex is a Great Company, however all corporations are not around for you to get rich by! They are to fill a role somewhere and in turn give people jobs, some with nice BIG $$$$$ and some with little $$$$$. It all depends on what you as an individual bring to the table. Now I saw the writing on the wall for myself as my bonus for the year was cut about 3 times ( down to ZERO) and back to about 3% of what it used to be six years earlier. My pension was cut twice, and my 401 and pay also cut. Yes I bitched about it to my co-workers, my boss and his boss. But unless I wanted something to really change I either had to leave or just grin and bear it! So as it goes we all make decisions in our life, some are better than others, but you can't blame Fedex Corp. or Fedex Ground for a Ground/ Home Delivery driver not getting paid. When I started as a package handler and 6 trailers for the preload was alot of volume, most people driving the trucks were the contractors themselves. When I left 17 or so years later my old operation (327) was running 30 to 35 plus trailers a day and the building had split. My terminal (336) renamed (station) <---- express term. Was running 40ish trailers each night and had split as well. Now alot of the delivery vans are being driven by drivers. I saw better contractors, and drivers as well as worse ones. I have seen a contractor who sold off half his rout kept a helper was back by noon to 3 depending upon his few pickups, to the guy that came in and asked where his delivery van was. (Repoed for not making payments) So if as a driver for a contractor you are not happy with your $$$$$ Become a contractor, find a better contractor to work for, get a new job. If you are employed by any of the Co's. than same thing get a new position inside the co. to be happier or to make more $$$$$$ or leave.

franknitty

I have nothing to complain about because I got my Rep Power points reinstated. My best friend is a UPS Driver ! This guys makes $32.00 per hour !