Why Doesn't UPS Have Same-Day Delivery Yet?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Why Doesn't UPS Have Same-Day Delivery Yet? - Motley Fool

Big Brown will have to play catch-up if it wants to compete on the next frontier of logistics.

UPS shareholders may be thinking, "Well, it's about time." The shipping giant is considering offering a same-day delivery option, though whether it would be an in-house operation or run via a third-party partnership is still undecided.

Considering that same-day delivery has become an essential service for retailers looking to meet consumer demand for near-instant gratification on purchases, it's almost scandalous that UPS hasn't launched it already.

An essential service

Last-mile delivery is a critical component of the sales process for retailers now. While two-day delivery largely became the norm after Amazon.com made it a key (and free) pillar of its Prime membership program, the e-commerce giant continued to push the envelope, adding one-day and same-day delivery -- and even, in some markets, delivery of certain items within an hour.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The way UPS has gone downhill with their service FedEx Ground would have came along without a UPS strike.
I don't know.
I've always had a gut feeling they have always been glad they came along. They couldn't handle the volume back then, much less the future, think how much money they would have spent and been spending to keep up (new centers, trucks, etc.) Instead, they are still blowing out the same building here they have had since 1973.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know.
I've always had a gut feeling they have always been glad they came along. They couldn't handle the volume back then, much less the future, think how much money they would have spent and been spending to keep up (new centers, trucks, etc.) Instead, they are still blowing out the same building here they have had since 1973.
Same here. Our UPS building is the laughing stock of the local industrial park. Nobody can figure out how UPS gets away with all the stuff other businesses are called on. Parking semis in the street-temporary roll on additions to the building that never go away-- junk all over the place. Its really an eyesore.