Why is common sense gone and simple fixes never addressed?

brostalss

If we (the drivers and PTers) approach Management with an idea or a fix, we get, "We can't do that". Then several months later you see your idea or suggestion put in the mix and your Sup says how the change we came up with should really help with blah blah blah.

snookbunny420

at this point i no longer care , i am told to get in the truck. you have a problem bring it up with my part time. his job is to handle all this :censored2:
i move packages from point a to point b. wrong cage? oh well, wrong truck? fire me please. this is no longer a Prefered job

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
God forbid you deliver to the customer. That's what your paid to do. Quit crying and deliver it. What, $30 an hour isn't enough for you?
No it's not. $50 an hour is what OT is anyway. Still not enough for me to waste 30-60 minutes running a few stupid misloads. That's time I'd rather be with my family.

tacken

Be wi
No it's not. $50 an hour is what OT is anyway. Still not enough for me to waste 30-60 minutes running a few stupid misloads. That's time I'd rather be with my family.
Be with your family. hahaha. Your family is now in that concrete building..... Sad but true.

browniehound

...yet this "clueless company" continues to post profits year after year after year...
You could install a monkey as CEO and profits would still increase year after year. The system is already in place and there is not much left to manage. Its just delivering packages. how hard is that?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've had far worse jobs at other places and I am genuinely glad to have my current spot at UPS. That being said, things could be so much better here if they would just let it. Instead they keep turning the screws tighter and tighter.

MobileBA

Industrial Engineers with degrees from some over priced college and bean counters from the University of Phoenix. Common sense and simple fixes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You could install a monkey as CEO and profits would still increase year after year. The system is already in place and there is not much left to manage. Its just delivering packages. how hard is that?
I have heard many people say they charge enough they are going to profit.