Why is HR the way it is?

PotentialJewishDriver

Fan of Matzo Balls
Shalom,

I am getting slightly frustrated with this process. According to my application, I applied for "Casual Package Driver." Is this the same as "Seasonal Package Driver?"

Anyway, semantics aside, this whole thing has left me frustrated. Got scheduled for road test last Friday 10/22. When HR scheduled me for the test they stated they would "re-connect" with me on 10/26. I passed the road test. 10/26 comes and goes and no contact. I call 10/27 and the person I talk with asks me to email a copy of the road test result. I do it. I call back on 10/28. The person "handling" my application is not available and the person I'm talking with isn't "trained" to deal with me. She says someone will call me back within 24 hours. Nope no one did.

A couple of other things. All the reps I spoke with sounded very nice but all had thick accents and I had trouble understanding them at times. Also on one call it sounded like the person I was talking with was hanging off the side of a bridge. So much background noise.

I'm ready to get used and abused by UPS. Any advice on what to do next or just sit and wait?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Shalom,

I am getting slightly frustrated with this process. According to my application, I applied for "Casual Package Driver." Is this the same as "Seasonal Package Driver?"

Anyway, semantics aside, this whole thing has left me frustrated. Got scheduled for road test last Friday 10/22. When HR scheduled me for the test they stated they would "re-connect" with me on 10/26. I passed the road test. 10/26 comes and goes and no contact. I call 10/27 and the person I talk with asks me to email a copy of the road test result. I do it. I call back on 10/28. The person "handling" my application is not available and the person I'm talking with isn't "trained" to deal with me. She says someone will call me back within 24 hours. Nope no one did.

A couple of other things. All the reps I spoke with sounded very nice but all had thick accents and I had trouble understanding them at times. Also on one call it sounded like the person I was talking with was hanging off the side of a bridge. So much background noise.

I'm ready to get used and abused by UPS. Any advice on what to do next or just sit and wait?

Go down in person and demand to be heard! 👹

From a Land Brown Under

Shalom,

Well to get to HR you need to make a sacrifice to the God(s), do a rain dance, and uh.. poo in the holy loo of India.

HR does not exist here. There are already threads about your situation. You are just a "cover driver" but since you are an outsider, our union brothers go first. They'll call you when they need you just like a lonely hook up.

Also, YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD!!!!!!

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
As a seasonal employee for several peak seasons the thing I look forward to the most is seeing how scatter-shot whatever they are referring to as HR is every year. Ever since they did away with "in-house" HR this has become the most entertaining part of peak season.

PotentialJewishDriver

Fan of Matzo Balls
I've been driving with Amazon for two years. It's an abusive relationship that I keep going to every day. They treat me like :censored2: but I keep banging them because I need the money. (Homelessness is a great motivator)

I feel like UPS is the classy whore I want to be with. Sure seasonal/casual would be a two month fling but maybe they catch feelings for me and it could go longer.

I'm also trying for FedEx Express. I feel like Express is like the "good but not great" produce cart in the supermarket with day old bread and crushed tomatoes. Slightly more money to start than Amazon, health insurance right away. Lesser physical toll than UPS and she would probably make an ok dinner for me when I get home.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
As a seasonal employee for several peak seasons the thing I look forward to the most is seeing how scatter-shot whatever they are referring to as HR is every year. Ever since they did away with "in-house" HR this has become the most entertaining part of peak season.
I get that good tingly feeling in my stomach watching their half-assed plan go to :censored2:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I've been driving with Amazon for two years. It's an abusive relationship that I keep going to every day. They treat me like :censored2: but I keep banging them because I need the money. (Homelessness is a great motivator)

I feel like UPS is the classy whore I want to be with. Sure seasonal/casual would be a two month fling but maybe they catch feelings for me and it could go longer.

I'm also trying for FedEx Express. I feel like Express is like the "good but not great" produce cart in the supermarket with day old bread and crushed tomatoes. Slightly more money to start than Amazon, health insurance right away. Lesser physical toll than UPS and she would probably make an ok dinner for me when I get home.
Come on over to brown. We can always use more jews in the ranks

Poop Head

Judge me.
Shalom,

Oy Vey!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Shalom,

You call yourself a Jewish driver yet it’s Shabbat and you’re on the phone before sunset.

GTFO

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down

Are you on drugs?