WHY NOT VOTE NO ?

U

upsdood

WHY NOT, DONT THEY USUALLY HAVE A BETTER CONTRACT ON THE BACK BURNER. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE ?}

D

deliver_man

Just curious, do you always type in all capital letters?

L

lr1937

Typing in all caps is a posters way of shouting at you or at least that is what I have been told.

D

deliver_man

I was wondering why my ears hurt
blagube.gif

U

upsmule

I really do not hope for a strike! Last thing anyone wants or needs, but I will vote no, and everybody in my center that I've spoken to about it plans to do the same. We here in the metropolitan D.C. area pay a fortune just for the cost of living, and it's very discouraging to think that I'll only be making 5 more bucks an hour 6 years from now! I love ups! I do not wish to bash ups....the greatest co. to work for hands down period. But the point here is they can and should do better. I know that the only reason we make the money we do now is from a union that fought tooth and nail for it, not because of the goodness of ups's heart! But, I must say that Hoffa, or WHOEVER really droped the ball on this one. how could this be the greatest contract ever? Maybe if you live in an area of the country that has a poorer economy than others, or the cost of living is less...there should be a negotiating commity for each district! ANYWAY...what do I know? I'm just a dumb truck driver right? The point I think I'm trying to make is...If ANYONE can do better at ANYTHING...shouldn't they? UPS could and should do us better! So should the union! They are one of the worlds biggest corporate monsters because of the poeple that break there asses for them day in and day out. Again....I don't wish to be a co. basher! But I think we all know that ups and the union could have done us a little better than this. The boxes are bigger,heavier,and there's more of them! The residential route I run used to be out of a p500, with 95 stops for an 8hr day, now I can barely squeeze an ave. of 300 pkg. 150 stops on a p700. And believe me my back is feeling the difference! And so is ups's profits!