why sups do not talk

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tie

Its like the drivers. The ones that bend over backward to do the jobs day in and out never get the attention they deserve, only the trouble makers and idiots that can not get a grip on a few truths of UPS life. Like not stealing, using drugs, following methods, and on and on.

In the last 10 years here at the center, things have changed dramatically. When our center was handed off to the Tennessee district from Virginia, we had several mis-managers that hit the road. They could not handle the "new UPS" that was insisted upon by the district office. The idea that somehow drivers knowing anything of value that could be used to grow the business was absurd, no way that could be true.

So once they allowed these has beens to leave, new and more aggressive management was brought in to allow the drivers full access to help run the business. We were and are the eyes and ears of the company. And management spent the time and energy to empower us to act in a manner that not only grew the company but gave us a sense of self worth while delivering the packages.

Now while the national attention is seemingly focused inward again, to the exclusion of the above, our local and at least divisional management teams have remained the same toward that goal of growing the business. They have developed a great working environment and treat employees with utmost respect. They really try and get the paid day down, but some of that is dictated by upper management and IE, rather than what they know.

I get the feeling that upper management is attempting to rid themselves of several layers of lower management to secure their future.

I would not be too surprised to see all management jobs less than center manager be part time within a few years. And we all know what that means. 25 hours pay for a 60 hour work week. But there seems to not be a shortage of people willing to take that type of job?

From the district office down, over the last four or more years, I can not think of one manager, supervisor etc that has not been at least good. Most rate as great or excellent.

Does that make you feel any better?

Best

d