Why?

RozUPS

Why is the Union calling me with pre recorded messages and sending me mail pushing me to vote yes on the contract? If it is so good why is there the need to pressure me into a yes vote? :confused:1

tieguy

Banned
Because people like you need to be pushed to vote. Your union will be lucky if half of all members vote on the offer.

CharlestonMule

Charleston Mule
I know what you mean! I have to say Im a little dissappointed in our local here. I talked with a few others and there is a decent size movement to vote NO. But because I am not educated as well as most on the subject, take what your reading with a grain of salt. But it sure is a pain in the ass huh?.............................................................MULE

Damok

Why is the Union calling me with pre recorded messages and sending me mail pushing me to vote yes on the contract? If it is so good why is there the need to pressure me into a yes vote? :confused:1

Did you expect them to call and tell you to vote no? Both sides are pushing people to vote their way... make your own decision based on your own investigations. Just make sure you vote.

RozUPS

Because people like you need to be pushed to vote. Your union will be lucky if half of all members vote on the offer.

What do you mean by people like me? I'm PT at UPS for 7 months.. I am trying to make the right decision. I plan to vote and I am here for the long term not just bennies. I have been reading up as much as I can but it seems that the union is taking great strides to sway me to vote yes..I take that as a negative and think that they are just trying to get this contract through because it benefits UPS and the union and not we the workers pt and ft. I have to also make a decision as to what the future holds for me in this job and is it going to be harder to become ft. It looks like if a contract goes through like the tenative one we have before us now it will be harder to get ft positions..

705red

Browncafe Steward
What do you mean by people like me? I'm PT at UPS for 7 months.. I am trying to make the right decision. I plan to vote and I am here for the long term not just bennies. I have been reading up as much as I can but it seems that the union is taking great strides to sway me to vote yes..I take that as a negative and think that they are just trying to get this contract through because it benefits UPS and the union and not we the workers pt and ft. I have to also make a decision as to what the future holds for me in this job and is it going to be harder to become ft. It looks like if a contract goes through like the tenative one we have before us now it will be harder to get ft positions..
Tie didnt mean anything by that. He does havea point, the problem here is that typically upsers do not vote. In the last election for ibt only 18% of teamsters voted. However you decide to vote so be it, but please take the time to vote!

Hangingon

We had a PCM where the center manager urged everyone to vote yes, that this was a win-win contract. Good for UPS and the union. Someone asked what happened to the third part of the equation, the actual employees, and was told by the center manager if he had any questions to see him after the meeting and not to interrupt.

Cezanne

I guess we ALL have to know our place, how dare we ask questions. Just sign on the dotted line and drink the Kool-aid. It will be explained on a later date, trust us....YEAH RIGHT...

govols019

You smell that?
My local has my number so I assume the IBT does too. If they made a call like that to me I would be livid.

I don't pay them to waste money like that.

RozUPS

We had a PCM where the center manager urged everyone to vote yes, that this was a win-win contract. Good for UPS and the union. Someone asked what happened to the third part of the equation, the actual employees, and was told by the center manager if he had any questions to see him after the meeting and not to interrupt.

So why would your non union center manager be allowed to tell you or suggest how you vote?. I've had two pre recorded calls and two mailing so far.

Delivered

What's your phone number?? I will call and remind you to vote NO.

trickpony1

......wait until you get a form letter from the District Manager suggesting that you vote "yes".

The DM didn't say anything about the vague language about sub-contracting feeder work, no benefits for PT'ers for a length of time and all the other unfavorable issues discussed on this forum. The focus of the letter seemed to be on the retirement offer and nothing else.

Gosh..........I wonder why? :confused:1

browned_out

:lol: I have recieved two phone calls from hall, both times he was telling me that this was a good contract for both the union and the company. Each time I tried to cut in he just kept talking, wouldn't acknowledge me, finally he hung up as I was yelling at him, asking why they were selling us short.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
:lol: I have recieved two phone calls from hall, both times he was telling me that this was a good contract for both the union and the company. Each time I tried to cut in he just kept talking, wouldn't acknowledge me, finally he hung up as I was yelling at him, asking why they were selling us short.

that same thing happened to me. I tried to let him know how grateful i was for him taking time from his hectic schedule to personally call me at home. But he would not let me interject with questions. finnally after about a minute and a half he finished, so i proceeded with my questions. Apparently, we lost the connection and all recieved was a busy signal. wierd huh?

Shadow999

There are a lot of rumors circulating as to the pros and cons of this agreement. There are some very good things about this contract and there are other items that bother me a lot. I do believe that UPS's offer to take over the pension is a good thing. While this may not be the ideal path we want to take, it is something positive. We can not continue as we have been and expect the Central States pension do go on forever.
I am not telling anyone how to vote, but I am trying to inform them as to what I believe the facts are. Your length of time at UPS is a big factor as to how good this contract is. The important thing is that you must vote. Every vote is important. Do not let a minority of the people decide for the majority. Get informed! Ask questions! Mail your ballot in as soon as possible! Talk to other employees! Encourage them to vote! Whether this contract or not. It is important to get everyone involved.

Mystakilla

Who the *$#@ cares.

Its called corruption. Both the company and union are corrupt, both sides have made out with this contract one way or the other, and who pays for it in the end? the brothers n sisters!