Will coronavirus kill me? Online calculator

35years

Gravy route
What are your chances of survival?
Post your results here...

Link to calculator:
Solenya
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
California projects 56 percent of population will be infected with coronavirus over 8-week period.

Are you over 50?
Are you a driver with lots of social contact (UPS)?
Do you have diabetes, asthma, heat disease etc?
Is your work environment sanitary?
Does the U.S. test extensively?

Study reased this week by Imerial College London,
WHO Collaborating Centre for Infectious Disease Modelling MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis Abdul Latif Jameel Institute for Disease and Emergency Analytics Imperial College London

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

In the (unlikely) absence of any control measures or spontaneous changes in individual behaviour, we would expect a peak in mortality (daily deaths) to occur after approximately 3 months (Figure 1A). In such scenarios, given an estimated R0 of 2.4, we predict 81% of the GB and US populations would be infected over the course of the epidemic. Epidemic timings are approximate given the limitations of surveillance data in both countries: The epidemic is predicted to be broader in the US than in GB and to peak slightly later. This is due to the larger geographic scale of the US, resulting in more distinct localised epidemics across states (Figure 1B) than seen across GB. The higher peak in mortality in GB 16 March 2020 Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team DOI: https://doi.org/10.25561/77482 Page 7 of 20 is due to the smaller size of the country and its older population compared with the US. In total, in an unmitigated epidemic, we would predict approximately 510,000 deaths in GB and 2.2 million in the US, not accounting for the potential negative effects of health systems being overwhelmed on mortality. Figure 1: Unmitigated epidemic scenarios for GB and the US. (A) Projected deaths per day per 100,000 population in GB and US. (B) Case epidemic trajectories across the US by state. For an uncontrolled epidemic, we predict critical care bed capacity would be exceeded as early as the second week in April, with an eventual peak in ICU or critical care bed demand that is over 30 times greater than the maximum supply in both countries (Figure 2). The aim of mitigation is to reduce the impact of an epidemic by flattening the curve, reducing peak incidence and overall deaths (Figure 2). Since the aim of mitigation is to minimise mortality, the interventions need to remain in place for as much of the epidemic period as possible. Introducing such interventions too early risks allowing transmission to return once they are lifted (if insufficient herd immunity has developed); it is therefore necessary to balance the timing of introduction with the scale 0 5 10 15 20 25 Deaths per day per 100,000 population (A) GB

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
I am over 55, have diabetes and asthma

My calculator estimates I have a 5%-13% chance of death from the virus if I have no current symptoms...
1 in 20 to 1 in 9 chance of contracting the virus + death

Last edited:

Yolo

We have rampant obesity and tobacco use amongst our feeder drivers. Most of them wont make it to Independence Day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
our enemies including ourselves have been working on biological weapons for decades.

this may be a good wake up call on response and preparedness for the future.

who knows, maybe this time it wasn't an by chance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A little over 1% right now in the USA. Add in all of the people that have had it and not been tested and it’s probably more like .1%