Will this driver be fired or just severely reprimanded?

kingOFchester

I just lost some soda on that one. :rofl:

He is the same helper that asked me about the bathroom in the back. At that point in my career I used a Gatorade bottle to wizz in. (Now I will use bathrooms along the route). Anyway, pulled up to a stop said "got to take a piss" went in back closed door. When I came out he said "you have a bathroom back there?" I :censored2: you not. He was a "Patel". He certainly was not an Einstein I can tell you that. Not many Indians work for UPS.

iowa boy

chain doesn't help if you get out of your routine and somehow forget to close the door :slap:

free tip for any new drivers: if you put a package in the cab on the floor, that package will end up on the street

The free tip shouldn't be just for new drivers....:surprised:

I had a very small box on the dash and as I turned a corner, said box literally flew out the door. Go around the block to pick it up and come to find out car behind me pancaked said box. Needless to say it was a drop and run when I DR'ed that box. (The car behind me even was nice enough to leave a tire track on it.)

menotyou

bella amicizia
He is the same helper that asked me about the bathroom in the back. At that point in my career I used a Gatorade bottle to wizz in. (Now I will use bathrooms along the route). Anyway, pulled up to a stop said "got to take a piss" went in back closed door. When I came out he said "you have a bathroom back there?" I :censored2: you not. He was a "Patel". He certainly was not an Einstein I can tell you that. Not many Indians work for UPS.
Yes. The lovely hazardous waste containers. If you are a loader and hate finding those, I hear, a little birdie should pour that onto the seat. The driver doesn't leave them anymore.

I grasp why guys do it(you can, duh).

That helper sounds like one of ours. I think they go down to 250 Arsenal to pick the worst of the worst.

Jefferson County, New York : Social Services

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yes. The lovely hazardous waste containers. If you are a loader and hate finding those, I hear, a little birdie should pour that onto the seat. The driver doesn't leave them anymore.

I grasp why guys do it(you can, duh).

That helper sounds like one of ours. I think they go down to 250 Arsenal to pick the worst of the worst.

Jefferson County, New York : Social Services

Tell me about those things. I would put my gloves on and put them on the oncar sup's desk. He deserved it for has attitude towards my vehicle hygiene concerns.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Tell me about those things. I would put my gloves on and put them on the oncar sup's desk. He deserved it for has attitude towards my vehicle hygiene concerns.
You can pour it on the driver's seat, you can-as you did-put it on desks(females are better-they spaz), wake up said driver/center manager/on-car/DM at 4am to tell them of the discovery. The best is to threaten to call the local sheriff's hazmat team. We had a loader do just that. I don't recall seeing one of those in a car ever again.

I called the DM once about that issue. It was around the time the other person threaten to call Hazmat.

S

serenity now

i drilled a hole in the floor of my truck and keep one of those high boy oil change funnels on hooks underneath the 4000 shelf * see where this is going:happy-very: * sometimes when i pull away from a stop there may be a puddle *

raceanoncr

Never did this in P/C

Had door come open on '53, tho.

Picked up on relay from CACH. Did proper pre-trip (yes, even on relay set. Never did trust meet drivers. Found flat tires, missing, not just out, lights, numberous other problems). ALWAYS checked latches and handles. Found some doors that weren't closed properly but sealed, sealed but wrong numbers,etc.

Almost home, guys in a car passed, waving something. Close behind, truck passed. Saw he was on CB so I turned to 19 to ask if he was talking to me. Said one door was open. I asked if anything fell out. He said he didn't see anything. Pulled off and found right door (first one to open on rail box) open. Actual latch bolt (only one latch, compared to some that have two) had broke, handle bounced up, causing door to open. Never did swing out so I could see in right mirror (because you know I always check mirrors every 5-8 seconds).

Luckily, 100% load was tightly load-retained (which shocked the hell outta me, being a CACH load. They NEVER strapped loads down. You listenin, cachsux?). Bungeed door shut as best I could and made it in.

As a funny. LP swarmed that trailer like flies on smile* when I got in. Made more money on the interogation process. Thank you.

over9five

Staff member
Luckily, 100% load was tightly load-retained (which shocked the hell outta me, being a CACH load. They NEVER strapped loads down. You listenin, cachsux?). Bungeed door shut as best I could and made it in.

Funny you should say that. I take a Cach load to the rail every night. Every night a sup has to take a picture of it because Cach complains about the poor load quality. They then email said picture to Cach.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Funny you should say that. I take a Cach load to the rail every night. Every night a sup has to take a picture of it because Cach complains about the poor load quality. They then email said picture to Cach.
Buffalo use to send their trash, broken truck parts, anything to us. I laughed my ass of when the DM came along and opened the door of a Buffalo feeder. A phone call was made. It never happened again.

raceanoncr

Ironic, huh? Even the newbies shifters here knew/know enough of famous CACH loads to crack open doors then stand outta the way.

phoophiter

Usually happens when you are at a dock and are distracted by something. As you close the dock door you think you have closed your door. Get in the truck and leave with your cargo door still up.