Will Trump Repeal Bill Clinton's Mistakes

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I do know Trump will raise taxes on many middle-class people who voted for him.
For some in middle class, Trump plan would mean tax increase
Good!
I read the article and it occurred to me:

Making it marginally harder on single parent families would help to force/entice people to have a typical nuclear family.
It costs governments to serve a two-parent family almost the same ... per household.

Maybe the practice of having kids with no father in the household will at least not be financially beneficial.

MAKAVELI

Making it marginally harder on single parent families would help to force/entice people to have a typical nuclear family.
It costs governments to serve a two-parent family almost the same ... per household.

Maybe the practice of having kids with no father in the household will at least not be financially beneficial.
That is truly idiotic.

bbsam

Staff member

People will decide not to friend@(% because tax code? No.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
People will decide not to friend@(% because tax code? No.
The current social programs as well as the tax laws in the US actually financially reward women who have kids without a spouse in their household.
Working the system.
Motivated people have been doing it for many years.

bbsam

Staff member
The current social programs as well as the tax laws in the US actually financially reward women who have kids without a spouse in their household.
Working the system.
You're buying into the welfare queen fairy tale. Sure it happens. You aren't going to balance the federal budget on those pennies.

MAKAVELI

Working the system.
Motivated people would simply find another way to work the system. Punishing the majority of single mothers for which it takes a man to help create a baby is just wrong. Marriage is not the sacred union the religious right make it out to be.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Working the system.
The tax laws also reward married couples, and married couples who have children... with tax breaks. Why? What is the purpose?

Shouldn't people with kids pay MORE taxes, not less?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're buying into the welfare queen fairy tale. Sure it happens. You aren't going to balance the federal budget on those pennies.
I worked at UPS for 40 years and the entire time I was there the mantra was watch the pennies.
With the US government, maybe you watch every $10,000 or more but you have to watch everything.
In project management, you break work down into smaller units of work to facilitate comprehension and executability.
It can work in government too.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The tax laws also reward married couples, and married couples who have children... with tax breaks. Why? What is the purpose?

Shouldn't people with kids pay MORE taxes, not less?
You are arguing my point.
This is the way that government incents desired social engineering attributes.
My guess is the current incentives are used to create people that contribute to a continued strong Social Security program. Need more people paying into SSA.
I don't have any opinion on the current social engineering they are trying to execute ... I yam what I yam.

I worked at UPS for 40 years and the entire time I was there the mantra was watch the pennies.
With the US government, maybe you watch the 10,000 or more but you have to watch everything.
In project management, you break work down into smaller units of work to facilitate comprehension and executability.
It can work in government too.
TMUs?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are arguing my point.
This is the way that government incents desired social engineering attributes.
I don't have any opinion on the current social engineering they are trying to execute ... I yam what I yam.
Well your original point was that taking away tax incentives from single parents would encourage people to join the ranks of the people who choose to participate in the idea of the "nuclear family".

You're speaking of governmental desired social attributes and using taxes breaks to incentivize those attributes. Yet we incentivize both single and traditional nuclear families with tax breaks.... So what is the real point, if there is one other than to trick people into voting for a particular person or party.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Motivated people would simply find another way to work the system. Punishing the majority of single mothers for which it takes a man to help create a baby is just wrong. Marriage is not the sacred union the religious right make it out to be.
I beg to differ.
Marriage is the long standing tradition of most religious organizations.
A legal union recognition however, is not the sacred union the religious right make it out to be.

Last edited: