Will UPS Follow? Amazon Will Stop Testing Job Seekers For Marijuana And Now Backs Legalizing Weed

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Joe Friday preached against the Devil's Lettuce in 1968. Those danged dope heads hopped up on weed need to watch this

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Has anybody actually seen a brother go down because of pot?
I’ve seen people get the fitness for duty and get the boot (quit before they take the test) but they’re all crack or coke heads

robot

Has A Large Member
We've had a few lose their job for marijuana and not get it back.
Yep. I knew a driver (well known pot head) dropped anchor on a route. On road came out to area to meet the driver and said “your eyes look red. Taking you in for a drug test”.

lost their job and didn’t get it back

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Yep. I knew a driver (well known pot head) dropped anchor on a route. On road came out to area to meet the driver and said “your eyes look red. Taking you in for a drug test”.

pretty sure they need 2 members of management to make that assumption..and an ORS would never take a driver off a route that means he would have to cover the route or find another driver (😂)
✊🧔

542thruNthru

Yep. Have to watch how you act if you're going to smoke pot. We had a dispatcher that loved to threaten people that got on her for horrible dispatches by saying. "You're acting pretty erratic. I'm starting to suspect you're on something."

Had a lot of the pot heads scares to talk to her.

Driver7906

I’m an advocate for federal legalization. I had to quit weed to go feeder (and it was totally worth it to me) but I feel that everyone, including CDL drivers, should be able to do it on their days off duty. I don’t know if that will ever be legal but time will tell.

That said, as great as weed is, I feel there is a time and place for smoking pot and UPS employees who come to work high or do it on their break in the parking lot should be fired.

Superteeth2478

Yep. Have to watch how you act if you're going to smoke pot. We had a dispatcher that loved to threaten people that got on her for horrible dispatches by saying. "You're acting pretty erratic. I'm starting to suspect you're on something."

Had a lot of the pot heads scares to talk to her.
That's only a scare tactic that works if you do smoke the devil's lettuce. I would just laugh at her.
Has anybody actually seen a brother go down because of pot?
I’ve seen people get the fitness for duty and get the boot (quit before they take the test) but they’re all crack or coke heads
I've seen a driver lose their job for testing positive on a drug test for marijuana. Pretty sad to lose a 6-figure job for something like that, it's why I tell new hire preloaders during their orientation/join the union talk that if they are here to become drivers they should strongly consider stopping recreational marijuana use.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why not? Plenty of Amazon’s customer base obviously smokes a crap load of weed otherwise they would not continue to overpay for products on a regular basis. LMFAO

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
UPS needs to worry about establishing a set start time.
✊🧔
It's been 9:30+ all week they just convince people in seniority order to show up earlier for extra work when needed.
Whoever invented Orion smoked a crap ton of crack, so what's wrong with a little weed?
I'm pretty sure it messes with the preload dispatch too. Just an absolutely chaotic month.

Back when we first implemented smart scan they only made it work with an army of HR and suits coming building-to-building. Bigger not better means they are trying the same thing with no lube.