Wilmington neighborhood says farewell to longtime UPS driver

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Wilmington neighborhood says farewell to longtime UPS driver - WWAY

One Wilmington area UPS driver has spent the past two decades serving the people of the Cape Fear. As his time in the position comes to an end, the community around him is showing their thanks.

“He just always goes that extra mile,”says Wilmington resident Rebane O’Neill.

Kevin Jackson has spent the better part of the last 20 years cruising up and down he streets of Wilmington delivering package for UPS. Now, that career is quickly coming to an end with his retirement.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wilmington neighborhood says farewell to longtime UPS driver - WWAY

One Wilmington area UPS driver has spent the past two decades serving the people of the Cape Fear. As his time in the position comes to an end, the community around him is showing their thanks.

“He just always goes that extra mile,”says Wilmington resident Rebane O’Neill.

Kevin Jackson has spent the better part of the last 20 years cruising up and down he streets of Wilmington delivering package for UPS. Now, that career is quickly coming to an end with his retirement.

I feel sorry for the guy who will take over his route when he retires. I basically had the same route for 25 of my 30 years and had it tuned to a fine science. The day after I retired management started screwing with the route according to the guy who took it over. Automatically the required stop count went up among other things. They added another RR to be delivered before the guy got to that town. UPS managed to piss off most everyone in the little town. Even the auto parts store where my letter box had been since day one of letter boxes told UPS to take their letter box and shove it (a FedEx box has been there ever since). :-)