Winning a steward's election

RTW FTW

Your initial posts or just like your screen name meant to agitate.
No I put facts out there and I was attacked.

I do think RTW is necessary. And it’s unfortunate. Like I said in my early posts, there’s no guardrail to protect people that a simply forced to join, when the only obligation by the union is to be there and be breathing.

Like it or not, if you haven’t been involved in conspiracies by the union/company, I don’t expect you to get it. Just know you’re lucky.

I saw motivation change once it passed.

Thebrownblob

No I put facts out there and I was attacked.

I do think RTW is necessary. And it’s unfortunate. Like I said in my early posts, there’s no guardrail to protect people that a simply forced to join, when the only obligation by the union is to be there and be breathing.

Like it or not, if you haven’t been involved in conspiracies by the union/company, I don’t expect you to get it. Just know you’re lucky.

I saw motivation change once it passed.
Listen I’ve been involved in union and union politics for 30 years, there’s nothing I haven’t seen and I still paid my dues. Go cry somewhere else.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Listen I’ve been involved in union and union politics for 30 years, there’s nothing I haven’t seen and I still paid my dues. Go cry somewhere else.
Small price to pay for the benefits we receive.
Speaking of, we only have 1 more week until the big raise. Almost 42 hour here! We all owe a big thank you to all the Teamsters that came before us.

RTW FTW

I do sometimes cry, looking at my account.

It’s overwhelming at times, I must admit, seeing the rewards for showing such courage.

It’s no secret here how weak the union is

Thebrownblob

I’d bet anything, with full confidence, you haven’t witnessed this.

But by all means, believe what you wish
I really didn’t ask you. I’ve been involved in all manner of investigation, litigation, depositions‘s and elections you can imagine and I’ve seen a lot.

RTW FTW

The labor manager told me that they make deals with the union. They may make a deal to let the union get two people’s jobs back, as long as the union bats for them on the target employee.

Merit didn’t matter in these agreements. It was all personal.

If backdoor deals exist, as I’ve witnessed personally and from the outside, people should have the right to not send money to people that conspire with their future.

Most people are reasonable and know the dues are an excellent deal, for what you supposed to get. Would people drop out for petty things? Yes. But the number is insignificant in the big picture.

I don’t blame people that get representation to ostracize “scabs”. Sounds like a mystical local to me, but I’ve heard rumors.

RTW provides the opportunity to place the responsibilities on both sides, versus one.

We are all a product of our environments.

I’ll stand for what I believe in, even if it’s alone.

I’ve gotten more jobs back than the local in my building. That’s a shame

Thebrownblob

The labor manager told me that they make deals with the union. They may make a deal to let the union get two people’s jobs back, as long as the union bats for them on the target employee.

Merit didn’t matter in these agreements. It was all personal.

If backdoor deals exist, as I’ve witnessed personally and from the outside, people should have the right to not send money to people that conspire with their future.

Most people are reasonable and know the dues are an excellent deal, for what you supposed to get. Would people drop out for petty things? Yes. But the number is insignificant in the big picture.

I don’t blame people that get representation to ostracize “scabs”. Sounds like a mystical local to me, but I’ve heard rumors.

RTW provides the opportunity to place the responsibilities on both sides, versus one.

We are all a product of our environments.

I’ll stand for what I believe in, even if it’s alone.

I’ve gotten more jobs back than the local in my building. That’s a shame
Maybe perhaps you should keep your frustration with The local you were from instead of the whole union. I’ve already told you I am in a right to work state and it doesn’t bother me at all we have 100% participation because I do my job and they know they can trust me as well as The business agent. I don’t know the validity of your story I’m gonna assume there’s truth to it because I believe those things do happen they shouldn’t but they do. It’s an organization any organization the biggest asset is the people, also in an organization the biggest liability is the people. My experience has been far more good than bad as a matter fact it has been life defining.

RTW FTW

Maybe perhaps you should keep your frustration with The local you were from instead of the whole union. I’ve already told you I am in a right to work state and it doesn’t bother me at all we have 100% participation because I do my job and they know they can trust me as well as The business agent. I don’t know the validity of your story I’m gonna assume there’s truth to it because I believe those things do happen they shouldn’t but they do. It’s an organization any organization the biggest asset is the people, also in an organization the biggest liability is the people. My experience has been far more good than bad as a matter fact it has been life defining.
I can respect that. Believe it or not, I support the union, especially any working man or woman. It’s tough out there and corporate America tries to break people, with no regard for anyone in their path.

The members in your building are lucky, beyond how much they know, to have individuals they can trust, such as yourself.

I’m sure you can imagine if it weren’t like that. Things can spiral quickly

Thebrownblob

I can respect that. Believe it or not, I support the union, especially any working man or woman. It’s tough out there and corporate America tries to break people, with no regard for anyone in their path.

The members in your building are lucky, beyond how much they know, to have individuals they can trust, such as yourself.

I’m sure you can imagine if it weren’t like that. Things can spiral quickly
I don’t fault you for being angry, the union has one job representation and when they fail it’s crappy. Wish you would’ve handled it different but you gotta do you.

RTW FTW

I don’t fault you for being angry, the union has one job representation and when they fail it’s crappy. Wish you would’ve handled it different but you gotta do you.
I completely understand.

No matter if I’m right or wrong, I do feel if you truly knew what transpired, you’d see that it’s a unique situation that unfortunately couldn’t be handled much differently.

Everyone in my building consistently says if they hadn’t witnessed it, they’d never believe it.