Wise Brown Wizards please Help!

Hello fellow Browners,
I've recently taken on double shifts, working pre-load and now local sort as well. My question for all of the Wise and Honorable Brown members was this. Is there any certain way or technique, in which you guys stack, I've been pretty much doing the obvious, put heavy and or big objects down then stack on top. Any advice or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time..

-BrownRas

p.s. shift is at 5 30 today pacific time.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hello fellow Browners,
I've recently taken on double shifts, working pre-load and now local sort as well. My question for all of the Wise and Honorable Brown members was this. Is there any certain way or technique, in which you guys stack, I've been pretty much doing the obvious, put heavy and or big objects down then stack on top. Any advice or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time..

-BrownRas

p.s. shift is at 5 30 today pacific time.

high and tight
large and light on top to finish walls
never column more than 3 boxes on top of each other
stack like bricks rather than columns
work on two walls at once (primary and secondary)

theres loads more but I'm sure others can add...

I'm not the most experienced loader here by a longshot, but I do my best. I start with medium to large boxes in front, with a small space behind my new wall. Not too big or else you wont have any support behind your wall. When I get a rectangular box, I tend to lay it down side ways, with the longness of it on it's side. || I think this prevents the box from crumbling under slight weight. Of course you want to try and keep the front of your wall flush as much as possible. I take small boxes, long tall boxes and bags and slide them behind the wall for a little support, this also prevents the boxes from sliding back when working with the wall. I work my way from one side to the other, ending with a box that has to almost be pushed down where it goes, ending in a tight wall. Of course sometimes you get those packages that should have gone bulk, come down your rollers.. If it's small and heavy try and get it behind your wall on the floor, if not set it infront of your wall. The bigger and lighter the box, try and use it up top. Don't forget to keep filling the back while you build, it really helps with the strength of the wall. Of course you can top off the wall with bags, by swinging them up there, or using the load stand, I tend to swing them, faster, easier and safer. The rest I can't really explain. That and after a while you'll be able to tell where a box can fit perfectly just from experience. If there's anything in particular that's "stumping" you, ask me and I'll try to answer my best. Good luck and don't kill yourself.

Excellent advice.. I will try those strategy's today. I was alternating between two Trailers yesterday, I'm sore as hell now today. I'm hoping to use efficiency and technique today, instead of brute strength, to try and preserve something for tomorrow at 4 30 am, and finish the week in one piece. Thank You! for your advice. Also is it better to not use a load stand. I observed yesterday that the other loaders were not using one, and there wall's still looked tight.

Excellent advice.. I will try those strategy's today. I was alternating between two Trailers yesterday, I'm sore as hell now today. I'm hoping to use efficiency and technique today, instead of brute strength, to try and preserve something for tomorrow at 4 30 am, and finish the week in one piece. Thank You! for your advice. Also is it better to not use a load stand. I observed yesterday that the other loaders were not using one, and there wall's still looked tight.

I do, but they tend to criticize my load ALOT more than the rest. But when I'm on other trucks, no I don't use one, toss em up there is all I do.
Hand to surface method. :D

Fnix

Considering all the boxes 40+ lbs that I get are shoulder height and the walls are leaning forward I would think this was the way you load.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

If you use an extendo (mechanical belt), I suggest you USE the loadstand. Infact it'll save you tons of grief and agony in the long run!

If you have rollers or something stationary, might want to limited the use of a loadstand.

Generally, the loadstand is very important and alot of people just keep 'em in the trailers for show, but I always use it when it's useful.